EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Orlando shooting

< Return to subforum
Page: 12345679Most Recent
Krazy
By Krazy | Jun 26 2016 6:31 PM
Crow: Jesus commanded us to judge (John 7:24; Matthew 7:5)
Thumbs up from:
Krazy
By Krazy | Jun 26 2016 6:36 PM
Krazy: John 7:24 directly commands us to judge:
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

And Matthew 7:5 states that as long as it's not hypocritical judging, then it's okay:
Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
Crow
By Crow | Jun 26 2016 6:48 PM
Krazy: It turns out the judgement to hell will bring hell thing s only in an older English translation of the bible, so I am not going to use it.

But seriously, God and Jesus both command us not to judge, in the old testament and new testament. There are tons of passages on this. Here are a few.

Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?

Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. 3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

“Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;

There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?

And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.”
The ADB committee just changed its policy on 8/28/2016
No communication with admin. Ever.
Crow
By Crow | Jun 26 2016 6:49 PM
You never answered this.

If your 16 years of age daughter had non-maritial sex (biblical adultery), would you condemn her to death? Would you support her death sentence?
Krazy
By Krazy | Jun 27 2016 4:35 AM
Crow: You never answered this
You don't want answers. You want questions. And you never answered my question either, so don't expect me to answer yours.
Thumbs up from:
Crow
By Crow | Jun 27 2016 6:43 AM
Krazy: I did answer your question. I just digressed on using a translation which I know you will try and dispute.

Don't weasel, just answer the question. Is it to hard of a question to face? That kind of cowardness can potentially earn you the reputation of a pathetic wimp in God's eyes.
Krazy
By Krazy | Jun 28 2016 6:51 AM
Crow: Actually homosexuality, incest, beastiality, and adultery don't have to deserve the death penalty. That might be just for ancient Israel.

Either way though. We are supposed to acknowledge right and wrong for what it is.

None of the passages you gave said that we can't acknowledge right and wrong. One of the passages you gave actually commanded us to judge lol.
Krazy
By Krazy | Jun 28 2016 6:52 AM
admin: How do you un-thumbs-up a post? I accidentally thumbs-up Stag's post and one of mine.
Krazy
By Krazy | Jun 28 2016 6:56 AM
Crow: As far as your question goes. Being anybody's child doesn't exempt them from the law. But those sexual sins like adultery and incest are probably just for Israel to make them not like the other nations around them at the time.
admin
By admin | Jun 28 2016 7:20 AM
Krazy: It's being worked on. Sorry!
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Crow
By Crow | Jun 28 2016 7:59 AM
Krazy: But it isn't just for Israel.

It is in the bible that non-marital sex is adultery. Adultery is punishable by death. Now are you reverting, and saying that some biblical laws do not have universal jurisdiction?
Crow
By Crow | Jun 28 2016 8:01 AM
Actually homosexuality, incest, beastiality, and adultery don't have to deserve the death penalty. That might be just for ancient Israel.

Okay, fair enough.

What do you believe the penalties should be?
Krazy
By Krazy | Jun 28 2016 9:22 AM
Crow: What do you believe the penalties should be?

I dunno. Probably 20 lashes seems like a fair punishment. I don't believe in the prison system for various reasons. But that's a whole different topic and debate.
Crow
By Crow | Jun 28 2016 9:30 AM
Krazy: Originally you said the law should be based on the bible, but now you are saying biblical law probably only applies to ancient Israel society.

If that is so, then what is the basis for why modern day societies have to regulate morality? Biblical law was the justification for why things like homosexuality should be illegal in the first place.
Krazy
By Krazy | Jun 28 2016 10:18 AM
Crow: If that is so, then what is the basis for why modern day societies have to regulate morality?
So do you advocate lawlessness?

Biblical law was the justification for why things like homosexuality should be illegal in the first place.
Homosexuality should be illegal for the same reason that murder should be illegal. Because it's wrong. I'm just saying that the punishments of the mosaic law may be just to set the Israelites apart, just like the ceremonial law portion of the Mosaic law were.
Crow
By Crow | Jun 28 2016 11:18 AM
Krazy: So do you advocate lawlessness?

Actually I do.

Because it's wrong

Just because something is immoral doesn't necessarily mean it should be illegal.

What about gay sex puts you or your family in any danger?
Krazy
By Krazy | Jun 28 2016 11:42 AM
Crow: Actually I do.
How do you bring evil-doers to justice then?

What about gay sex puts you or your family in any danger?
AIDS.
Krazy
By Krazy | Jun 28 2016 11:44 AM
Crow: Seriously though, that's not the standard for making something illegal. Just because it doesn't "harm" anybody (and homosexuality is very harmful to those who participate in it), it's still immoral and should be illegal.
Krazy
By Krazy | Jun 28 2016 11:50 AM
On average, participating in a life of homosexuality shortens 20 years of your lifespan. That's worse then smoking. So yeah it's very harmful.
Crow
By Crow | Jun 28 2016 12:05 PM
Krazy: How do you bring evil-doers to justice then?

Without laws. The definition of laws I use is a set of recognized rules established by a state.

AIDS

Oh, so you and your family are having sex with gay men? Not to mention the myth that the rate of AIDS in gay men is no higher than it is between straight people.

Seriously though, that's not the standard for making something illegal. Just because it doesn't "harm" anybody (and homosexuality is very harmful to those who participate in it), it's still immoral and should be illegal.

I guess I just do not understand why you would want something immoral to be illegal.

It certainly doesn't discourage the act. If anything, it weakens the state and society by creating civil resistance and division.
Page: 123456789Most Recent