EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Profile of the Edeb8r.

< Return to subforum
Page: 123456Most Recent
Forti Animo
By Forti Animo | Oct 25 2015 6:06 AM
Still can't see and, frankly, don't care. Stupidity is what stupidity does; no amount of passive aggression -- from you, from Bsh1, or any of the others -- will change that.

I think everyone who can read, will attest that I wasn't being passive-aggressive in this thread. I simply asked- and shall continue to implore- that you leave my name out of these things, especially since I didn't attack you, nor did you have cause to say such things.

You think without acting. You can't think for yourself.

I can think for myself.

You pretend that you know things that you don't, and your opinions and loyalties change with the weather.

My loyalties reside with those who I believe are right.

You're extremely naive and believe almost everything people tell you, even when you've seen time and again those people don't have your best interest at heart. I don't even know who you are anymore, and I don't wish to associate with you again.

If you'd like to continue this, can we please move to a PM? If not, I'll just ask what I did above- I didn't "try to put the blame" on you for anything. I simply asked- as I have numerous times now- that you keep my name out of your rants, please. Aren't I supposed to be dead to you? Then, at least have some respect for the dead, please.
JohnMaynardKeynes
By JohnMaynardKeynes | Oct 25 2015 6:12 AM
I don't have the energy or stamina to sign out, view her post, and then respond to it. If someone wants to copy/paste or screenshot them to me, I might respond--but the "value added" is virtually zilch.

Annie, what you fail to understand is that even bothering to *post* on this forum is passive aggressive. I don't understand how many times I -- or anyone else -- need to tell you to screw off for you to get the message. The purpose of this thread, which you'll note was *not* launched by me, was to explore the backstories of several members of Edeb8. The thesis was that we had been confrontational toward several DDO members prior to our departure. I defended myself: I did nothing other than that, which I have every right to do. I pointed out, rightly, your deplorable behavior prior to my departure, and the fact that it was evident that your brand of low-information, low-IQ, anti-intellectual ramblings had become the norm on DDO. No amount of "forum revival" will ever change that.

Now, you're doing nothing more than proving my point. You think you're being particularly clever, but you're not: you're reinforcing the fact that you just don't yield. I don't instigate confrontation -- I finish them. I'm going to finish this one, whether it like it or not, and you will not emerge victorious. You'd be advised to step aside now, but knowing how stubborn you are and how little more you have going on in your day-to-day life (since others have, likewise, dropped you like a bug for your deplorable behavior), I doubt you'll do that. That's fine: we can go back and forth as long as you'd like, but we both know the outcome. You're in over your depth as usual. No amount of "apology" from you will ever change that, so cut the crap.
~JohnMaynardKeynes
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Forti Animo
By Forti Animo | Oct 25 2015 6:21 AM
I'm not going to respond to everything there, because again- it's not what I posted to do. Again, for the last time, please read what I said earlier-
I simply asked- and shall continue to implore- that you leave my name out of these things, especially since I didn't attack you, nor did you have cause to say such things.
JohnMaynardKeynes
By JohnMaynardKeynes | Oct 25 2015 6:25 AM
I think I made my point. Here, ladies and gentlemen, is why DDO has gone to sh**, and will continue to implode.
~JohnMaynardKeynes
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Bolshevik-
By Bolshevik- | Oct 25 2015 7:01 AM
JohnMaynardKeynes: Its basically where you spam information to a website in order to stop it from working. If I DDOsed DDO people would be unable to access the website.
Victory: http://www.edeb8.com/forum/Games/828
Forti Animo
By Forti Animo | Oct 25 2015 7:27 AM
I think I made my point. Here, ladies and gentlemen, is why DDO has gone to sh**, and will continue to implode.

On the contrary, I think you did the exact opposite- showed how passive-aggressive and irrational *you* could be, when all I asked was for you to not run my name through the mud.
JohnMaynardKeynes
By JohnMaynardKeynes | Oct 25 2015 7:30 AM
Bolshevik-: That's annoying.. and it gives them a scapegoat. Let them crash and burn by their own hands (and they will).
~JohnMaynardKeynes
JohnMaynardKeynes
By JohnMaynardKeynes | Oct 25 2015 8:22 AM
It's always interesting when people use terms and phrases they don't understand and deflect blame for behavior *they themselves* have exhibited.

For example, this sentence is passive-aggressive: "There's a former member of DDO who constantly stirs up trouble and has never in her life contributed intellectually to the website."

To the contrary, I wasn't passive aggressive: I called four people -- bsh1, YYW, cybertron, and Esocial -- out by name. I pointed out, rightly, that they've done nothing by stir up trouble and make DDO uninhabitable, which explains why the website is currently imploding. I say what I mean and mean what I say, and I'm extremely candid: the problem, of course, is that Annie wants to have her cake and eat it too: she has a problem when I call her out by name, and then accuses me of being passive-aggressive. Likewise, she had a problem when I didn't offer an "honest criticism" of her in public, but then accused me of attacking her. She wants it all, and at the same time, nothing at all.

She, and the others mentioned, are toxic: they do nothing but stir up trouble. Stag and I had our differences, but never have any of my problems with him even approached this level of stupidity or irrationality. And the best rebuttal these losers can muster is, "I know you are, but what am I?" Pathetic.
~JohnMaynardKeynes
Forti Animo
By Forti Animo | Oct 25 2015 8:46 AM
To the contrary, I wasn't passive aggressive: I called four people -- bsh1, YYW, cybertron, and Esocial -- out by name. I pointed out, rightly, that they've done nothing by stir up trouble and make DDO uninhabitable, which explains why the website is currently imploding. I say what I mean and mean what I say, and I'm extremely candid: the problem, of course, is that Annie wants to have her cake and eat it too: she has a problem when I call her out by name, and then accuses me of being passive-aggressive. Likewise, she had a problem when I didn't offer an "honest criticism" of her in public, but then accused me of attacking her. She wants it all, and at the same time, nothing at all.

Honest criticism =/= Insults You can give an honest critique of a person, through constructive criticism, and not bash them.
In that DDO thread, I asked for an honest criticism, where I would be aware that you would be talking about me.
In this thread, I wasn't aware- you cowardly went behind my back to post it here, where you probably thought I wouldn't see. (I'm sure you're going to post you didn't care, but whatever.)
See the difference?

She, and the others mentioned, are toxic: they do nothing but stir up trouble. Stag and I had our differences, but never have any of my problems with him even approached this level of stupidity or irrationality. And the best rebuttal these losers can muster is, "I know you are, but what am I?" Pathetic.

I am not toxic. Again, the only thing I did in this thread, was repeatedly ask you to stop mentioning me at all in your rants. You don't want to talk to me anymore- but posting something about me on a PUBLIC forum, is atrocious and low. I haven't used that quote before, if I recall correctly. It is quite pathetic, I agree. But if you look over this thread, you should think about what's more pathetic- that, or your responses, to my simple, easy request.
1harderthanyouthink
By 1harderthanyouthink | Oct 25 2015 9:12 AM

I think that the only thing that's been shown here is why you're unfit for interaction on DDO, because you cannot control yourself. Even I, stubborn and confrontational as I can get, am far more productive socially there. Despite our age differences, I have shown more maturity in my interactions on DDO on a large scale than you have. You can keep talking about people behind their backs - or where you think you own the place, but the way you are ensures you cannot be social without the same result.
JohnMaynardKeynes
By JohnMaynardKeynes | Oct 25 2015 9:24 AM
And this petulant child just continues...

Honest criticism =/= Insults You can give an honest critique of a person, through constructive criticism, and not bash them.

I don't think you understand what constitutes an "honest criticism." I'm remarkably unsurprised given how naive and petulant you are. Read my response to cybertron, if you need further clarification -- the same thing both you and bsh1 viewed as "aggressive" (though he was more confused than you, and called it both "aggressive" and "thinly veiled aggression.")

In that DDO thread, I asked for an honest criticism, where I would be aware that you would be talking about me.

First, you antagonized me right off the batt with your dumb "sticks and stones" comment, insinuating that I would make some sort of petty insult to your character. Then you went on to deny that you said anything of the sort, only to concede that you did.

Second, you're doing the same thing right now, which doesn't build the "apology" case you just sent me. Likewise, following me around on Eden8, as you did on DDO, doesn't look particularly good for you.

Third, ironically enough, I did give you an "honest criticism." I said that you're extremely presumptuous and wishy-washy. It just wasn't in as depth of my "criticism" of cybertron. so you're not even right on these facts.

In this thread, I wasn't aware- you cowardly went behind my back to post it here, where you probably thought I wouldn't see. (I'm sure you're going to post you didn't care, but whatever.)
See the difference?

No, there is no difference. I didn't care if you, or Bsh1, or YYW, or cybertron saw it. Bring it on. It was the same, likewise, with my thread on DDO: I'm extremely candid, and though I don't instigate conflict -- can't say the same for you -- I intend to finish them. It would be cowardly if I were, instead, spreading sh1t about you behind your back. I've done nothing of the sort, though I can't say the same for you, bsh1, and 1harder, and that is what infuriates me most. You screw up, and then deflect blame onto me for something that *you* did. Then you think you can come here, levy these allegations, and escape scot-free. That I'm unwilling to back down from an altercation that YOU instigated is supposedly a sign of my "aggression," when we wouldn't even be having this conversation if it weren't for your hot-headed temper.

After all this, you have the gall to send me an apology, and I'm supposed to view it as credible. This is why we'll never be on good terms again, Annie. You just aren't a good person. You're a pest. You're not satisfied with lowering the collective IQ of DDO; you want to the same to Edeb8 as well, and it just isn't going to work.

I am not toxic.

Oh, that convinced me! / sarcasm

It has an odd Nixon-esque, "I'm not a crook" vibe to it.

You are toxic -- all of you. It's why I'm here.

Again, the only thing I did in this thread, was repeatedly ask you to stop mentioning me at all in your rants.

I didn't mention you in my "rants" -- and I think you may want to consult the rules of grammar, because you have a problem with singular versus plural (in the same way you did that night about a month ago where you had a problem with a sequence of events, and accused me of *causing* step 1 when I hadn't intervened until step 4). This is where reading comprehension comes into play: I didn't mention you in my rant. I responded to a post from Swag to defend myself from a public witch hunt that *you* started. That was your fault, and that is why I'm no longer on DDO. If you didn't want me to talk about that event that you caused in order to defend myself, which I have every right to do, then you shouldn't have done it -- but the fact that you did, and that you continue to prolong this sh1t in PUBLIC, is why we're here having this conversation. It's 100% your fault.

You don't want to talk to me anymore- but posting something about me on a PUBLIC forum, is atrocious and low.

What's atrocious and low is (a) leading a witch hunt, which you did and (b) following me around everywhere you go, smearing my name every chance you get with patent lies, (c) sheeping people, like bsh1, who do not and have never had your best interest at heart, (d) making false allegations, as you repeatedly have, (e) smearing and slandering my friends (multiple times) based on incomplete information because you, like always, rashly jump to conclusions, and (e) expecting that, after all this, I'll accept your apology.

Having this conversation, which is in more ways than one 100% your doing, is what is "atrocious and low." Having that conversation on DDO -- again, your doing -- is atrocious, low, petulant, and immature. You chose to enter the lion's den by responding to this thread and by provoking me on DDO. The problem is, you're willing to dish it out, but not to take it. Take some responsibility for your actions, and acknowledge that people in the real world aren't going to let you smear sh1t without being held to account for your lies. And you are in many ways a despicable liar trying to balance two competing "friendships" -- one of which was with an emotionally unstable maniac whose ego you had to constantly feed via sheeping, and to whom you constantly pandered, because God forbid one hair on his head falls out of place, Pandora's box implodes.

I haven't used that quote before, if I recall correctly. It is quite pathetic, I agree. But if you look over this thread, you should think about what's more pathetic- that, or your responses, to my simple, easy request.

I don't know what quote you're getting at, and I really don't care.

I think we'll let our audience be the arbiters of that, though it's a bit hard for them to do so without full context. I've said my piece, none of which is pathetic by any objective standard. I have a right to defend myself, and you have a right to back down when you're categorically wrong on everything under the sun. You're only trying to deflect blames for things which were and are 100% your fault, and I refuse to feed your sick, twisted ego any longer.

I'll say this once again: Go away.
~JohnMaynardKeynes
JohnMaynardKeynes
By JohnMaynardKeynes | Oct 25 2015 9:25 AM
Thankfully, I have 1harder blocked as well. The idea that he's in any way "mature" is about as comical that it gets. It's also funny that he thinks I wouldn't say any of these things to his face; I assure you that I will.

~JohnMaynardKeynes
JohnMaynardKeynes
By JohnMaynardKeynes | Oct 25 2015 9:27 AM
I'm pretty much done here, and don't have much of a need to pander to these low-life pieces of filth. I haven't much of an interest in responding to anyone I presently have blocked, or signing out and then back in to see their messages.

But I think I've seen their points: DDO is out of control, and the confirmation bias and sheeping -- now evidenced by 1harder's blind deference -- is real. Anyone on the fence between whether DDO is worth it should heed these signs.
~JohnMaynardKeynes
JohnMaynardKeynes
By JohnMaynardKeynes | Oct 25 2015 9:34 AM
The big irony in all of this is that these petulant children clamor for civility ex-post-facto when it is *their* actions -- and nothing else -- that incited these altercations. They and only they were at fault (i.e., they had nothing to "get over," because they weren't ever two equals and opposing sides), but yet they think it's in their right to claim the moral high ground. It isn't, and I have no problem with calling them out for what they are: disgusting, petulant, scum of the earth.
~JohnMaynardKeynes
1harderthanyouthink
By 1harderthanyouthink | Oct 25 2015 9:48 AM
Talk about "moral high ground", JMK. Talk about it more. Talk about how you have a reputation for saying nasty shit when you think the people you're talking about can't say it. Talk about how you would go from being friendly with me to insulting me, a 14 year old, behind my back. I didn't once talk about you, but I know you talked about me. This is because I was mad at you one day, regardless of my willingness to put it behind us as I said that night. But if Brian doesn't accept *your* apology, then he's an immature psychopath, right? Come on Joey, call us stupid petulant lapdogs again, and keep lecturing on how you never caused anything.
JohnMaynardKeynes
By JohnMaynardKeynes | Oct 25 2015 9:57 AM
Lol.

Vague, low-information, false equivalencies and equivocations -- I would say that everything 1harder just wrote is untrue, but then I'd be reiterating the obvious.

I'm done here: I have more important things to attend to.
~JohnMaynardKeynes
Forti Animo
By Forti Animo | Oct 25 2015 10:01 AM
First, you antagonized me right off the batt with your dumb "sticks and stones" comment, insinuating that I would make some sort of petty insult to your character. Then you went on to deny that you said anything of the sort, only to concede that you did. Second, you're doing the same thing right now, which doesn't build the "apology" case you just sent me. Likewise, following me around on Eden8, as you did on DDO, doesn't look particularly good for you. Third, ironically enough, I did give you an "honest criticism." I said that you're extremely presumptuous and wishy-washy. It just wasn't in as depth of my "criticism" of cybertron. so you're not even right on these facts.

I apologized for sending the twiddla.

No, there is no difference. I didn't care if you, or Bsh1, or YYW, or cybertron saw it. Bring it on. It was the same, likewise, with my thread on DDO: I'm extremely candid, and though I don't instigate conflict -- can't say the same for you -- I intend to finish them. It would be cowardly if I were, instead, spreading sh1t about you behind your back. I've done nothing of the sort, though I can't say the same for you, bsh1, and 1harder, and that is what infuriates me most. You screw up, and then deflect blame onto me for something that *you* did. Then you think you can come here, levy these allegations, and escape scot-free. That I'm unwilling to back down from an altercation that YOU instigated is supposedly a sign of my "aggression," when we wouldn't even be having this conversation if it weren't for your hot-headed temper.

I didn't start "an altercation." I asked for you to stop using my name, since we're not supposed to be talking.

I didn't mention you in my "rants" ...That was your fault, and that is why I'm no longer on DDO. If you didn't want me to talk about that event that you caused in order to defend myself, which I have every right to do, then you shouldn't have done it -- but the fact that you did, and that you continue to prolong this sh1t in PUBLIC, is why we're here having this conversation. It's 100% your fault.

Your rants meaning your posts in this thread. (See: "posts"- plural) I'm not prolonging anything. I'm simply asking you nicely to stop using my name. Please. It hurts already that we're no longer friends, but do you really have to broadcast it to an entire site?

What's atrocious and low is (a) leading a witch hunt, which you did and (b) following me around everywhere you go, smearing my name every chance you get with patent lies, (c) sheeping people, like bsh1, who do not and have never had your best interest at heart, (d) making false allegations, as you repeatedly have, (e) smearing and slandering my friends (multiple times) based on incomplete information because you, like always, rashly jump to conclusions, and (e) expecting that, after all this, I'll accept your apology.

I have not lead a witch hunt, nor spread lies about you. I made an allegation one, on false terms, which I apologized for. That matter was dealt with.

You chose to enter the lion's den by responding to this thread and by provoking me on DDO.

So I provoked you on DDO today?

The problem is, you're willing to dish it out, but not to take it.
I'm willing to accept CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. I didn't sign up for a roast.
Take some responsibility for your actions,
I've apologized countless times.

and acknowledge that people in the real world aren't going to let you smear sh1t without being held to account for your lies.
When have I lied?

I think we'll let our audience be the arbiters of that, though it's a bit hard for them to do so without full context. I've said my piece, none of which is pathetic by any objective standard. I have a right to defend myself, and you have a right to back down when you're categorically wrong on everything under the sun. You're only trying to deflect blames for things which were and are 100% your fault, and I refuse to feed your sick, twisted ego any longer. I'll say this once again: Go away.

You're not the admin of this site- you can't tell me to leave.

Furthermore, again- point to me where I've insulted you in the thread, besides the 'pathetic' comment.
1harderthanyouthink
By 1harderthanyouthink | Oct 25 2015 10:04 AM
Vague, low-information, false equivalencies and equivocations -- I would say that everything 1harder just wrote is untrue, but then I'd be reiterating the obvious.

Yeah. I could just interrogate Lee again, but that's be a waste of time.
Forti Animo
By Forti Animo | Oct 25 2015 10:16 AM
1harderthanyouthink: You don't need to.
Forti Animo
By Forti Animo | Oct 25 2015 10:19 AM
I'm pretty much done here, and don't have much of a need to pander to these low-life pieces of filth. ... I have no problem with calling them out for what they are: disgusting, petulant, scum of the earth.

Please direct me to where in this thread, I've insulted you and deserve these comments. You already are aware that I've had a bad day- yet you persist. Who's the mean one now?
Page: 123456Most Recent