EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Profile of the Edeb8r.

< Return to subforum
Page: 123456Most Recent
JohnMaynardKeynes
By JohnMaynardKeynes | Oct 26 2015 10:54 AM
Romanii: That doesn't in any way contradict a desire to, at some point, respond to the vicious allegations levied against me. Of course I have better things to do. Life is about balance.
~JohnMaynardKeynes
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
JohnMaynardKeynes
By JohnMaynardKeynes | Oct 26 2015 10:56 AM
Annie, I'll say this one more time: shut your fucking mouth. For the upteenth time, you aren't "defending" yourself. You're stirring the pot yet again, yet you aren't intelligent enough -- nor are your friends -- to understand the difference.

~JohnMaynardKeynes
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Oct 26 2015 11:14 AM
This thread is WAY out of control.

Thumbs up from:
admin
By admin | Oct 26 2015 11:15 AM
JohnMaynardKeynes: Final warning JMK. This is instant ban-worthy material here. You're using profane language, and you're not participating in a healthy community, by making posts like this.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
JohnMaynardKeynes
By JohnMaynardKeynes | Oct 26 2015 11:18 AM
admin: Lars, I'm not going to sit idly when someone smears my name as she is. This isn't a situation where all sides are equally valid. She's being deliberately provocative, and I feel as though I have a right to respond. I've been silent on this crap for way too long.

~JohnMaynardKeynes
admin
By admin | Oct 26 2015 11:21 AM
JohnMaynardKeynes: I don't care. If you're not going to sit idly by, I won't either. I'm happy to ban you both if I have to. You've both been warned.

You're right to respond does not extend to a right to break the terms of service.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Forti Animo
By Forti Animo | Oct 26 2015 11:23 AM
Irelia: Lee had the same profile picture before. You and Bekah would be the only two I'm aware of who frequent edeb8 to talk to Joey. Bekah has fb where they correspond more. You (Lee) would be the only one of those two girls to get blocked by Joey, as you so ironically pointed out in this thread.

Honey, I don't think you understand. In that thread, he said he was willing to give honest criticisms. I can give an honest criticism about someone I'm not overly fond of and not come off as a bish. So why can't he? He's aware I respect him, and believe he's intelligent. I was intrigued as to what he could give me as a response, and expected constructive criticism, as I've said numerous times before.

Either way, that is not the case her. Admin himself said earlier in this thread that he doesn't judge people based on what they do on other sites. Doesn't that apply to me as well? Should I have let JMK call me fundamentally incapable of a civil, intellectual discussion, and leave it as is? I didn't try to instigate a fight, as everyone can see. All I've asked for in this thread- which hopefully, you'll take the time to read the entire thing- is for him to not use my name when he's ranting about how people suck and ddo sucks, etc. We agreed to stop talking, but using my name in a public forum was his way of starting this conversation, so I'd like to believe that yes, in this scenario, I am pretty innocent, and not guilty for starting this drama up.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Oct 26 2015 11:23 AM
JohnMaynardKeynes: TBH, sometimes sitting idly by is EXACTLY what you should do.

Either way it's hard to play the victim when you're reacting the way you are. Just chill.
You made your point ages ago, let it go.
admin
By admin | Oct 26 2015 11:29 AM
Forti Animo: If he's being rude or inappropriate, the correct response would be to get me to talk to him, not to stir the pot.
Let's revive the forums!
Forti Animo
By Forti Animo | Oct 26 2015 11:31 AM
admin: Okay. Sorry admin.
JohnMaynardKeynes
By JohnMaynardKeynes | Oct 26 2015 11:32 AM
nzlockie: I'm not playing the victim -- to the contrary, the *opposing* side has done as much. I'm merely asking to say my piece, because I refuse to let *anyone* attack my character, especially when the "criticisms" are as disconnected from reality as possible.
~JohnMaynardKeynes
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Oct 26 2015 11:51 AM
JohnMaynardKeynes: Watch this and pay close attention to the words... It'll make you feel better.

"They may take your glitter but they can't take away your sparkle"

It really doesn't matter what people think of you on the internet. Edeb8 is, most of the time, a really nice haven from this kind of teenage drama.
It'd be nice to keep it that way.
Thumbs up from:
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Oct 26 2015 11:54 AM
And @Forti Animo you should watch this one.
It has nothing to do with anything but it's a cool video I think you'll enjoy.

nzlockie
By nzlockie | Oct 26 2015 11:55 AM
Doh! Admin how do we tag people with a space in their names again?
admin
By admin | Oct 26 2015 11:57 AM
nzlockie: With two ats before and after their name. Like this:

@@Someuser that doesn't exist@@ is pretty cool.
Thumbs up from:
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Oct 26 2015 12:01 PM
Thanks!
Forti Animo will like that Guinea Pig video.
Thumbs up from:
Romaniii
By Romaniii | Oct 26 2015 12:15 PM
tbh im 90% sure this is all some elaborate joke concocted by bsh, annie, joey, romanii, and some others in a mass pm. there's no way any of them can be taking the situation THIS seriously
To Lars, I apologize for accidentally reporting every single post before replying to it.
Romanii
By Romanii | Oct 26 2015 1:02 PM
Romaniii: Don't forget Thett3. He's taking it most seriously out of us all.
JohnMaynardKeynes
By JohnMaynardKeynes | Oct 26 2015 1:05 PM
Romanii: Keep that in the DDO Elite PM, damnit.
~JohnMaynardKeynes
Page: 123456Most Recent