EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

China Hack

< Return to subforum
Page: 123456Most Recent
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 10 2015 2:41 PM
: An assumption. You don't know who the real bad guys are, or that there are bad guys at all. You're making stuff up on the pure basis of limited evidence which would never get a conviction given due process.
You can't claim that cyberwarfare is bad while also advocating an increase in cyber defense and absolving China as not being bad guys for commiting cyber attacks. I don't know where you are going with your unrelated and offhand remarks about the US which have nothing to do with this thread.
admin
By admin | Jun 10 2015 4:00 PM
Blackflag: Are you talking about the Iran thing? 'Cause that was a ridiculously shitty excuse.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Jun 10 2015 4:03 PM
Blackflag: I'm not advocating that. I'm saying nations need to defend themselves. Get more cybersecurity.

The US stuff is because the US government is crying for being attacked and proposing retaliatory strikes, without considering the fact that they themselves have already legitimized that against them by their own standards.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Jun 10 2015 5:30 PM
admin: Both should happen; the U.S. should beef up its cyber defenses AND punish China for hacks or hacking attempts.
admin
By admin | Jun 10 2015 5:32 PM
Dassault Papillon: Do you think the world should punish the USA for its hacking attempts as well? If so, how?
Let's revive the forums!
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Jun 10 2015 5:37 PM
admin: I say the U.S. should stop hacking nations (though against, say, North Korea or Iran I don't have any problem with it).
admin
By admin | Jun 10 2015 5:46 PM
Dassault Papillon: Sounds like a double standard to me :)

There's no credible proof that the chinese government is behind most of it, and what little there is evidence for is massively overshadowed by other nations' hacks.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 11 2015 2:58 AM
Dassault Papillon: Agreed
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 11 2015 2:58 AM
admin: But you are asking for an unrealistic amount of evidence. That is clearly being in denial. I hate skeptics, but this is beyond skepticism. This is straight out ignorance.
admin
By admin | Jun 11 2015 7:40 AM
Blackflag: ... and you think the odd IP address resolving to a building partially containing the Chinese government is a massively huge amount of evidence in the IT world?
Let's revive the forums!
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Jun 11 2015 7:58 AM
admin: Regardless of the technicalities of the evidence, I think everybody knows China did it, the same way everybody knows that the mysterious deaths of Russian political opponents of Putin are the doing of Putin or Putin's cronies.
admin
By admin | Jun 11 2015 8:28 AM
Dassault Papillon: Ah yes. "Everyone."

One of these days, the US will wake up and realize that when there's backlash against their antagonization, further antagonization will always lead to further backlash. That goes for Russia, China, Pakistan, Iraq... pretty much any country.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 11 2015 9:00 AM
admin: It isn't just the evidence you are scapping it up to me. There is a lot more. Not only have there been testimonies but dozens of Chinese hackers have been caught in the process of their attack. Don't be ignorant and don't be in denial.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 11 2015 9:01 AM
^ and I actually do think that is a major amount of evidence alone
admin
By admin | Jun 11 2015 9:01 AM
Blackflag: ... and none of them were from the government.

There have also been "testimonies" that 9/11 was an inside job.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 11 2015 9:02 AM
One of these days, the US will wake up and realize that when there's backlash against their antagonization, further antagonization will always lead to further backlash. That goes for Russia, China, Pakistan, Iraq... pretty much any country.
Sure but the antagonization can outweigh the backlash. This isn't a set in stone rule. Not every action is met with an equal to or greater outcome
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 11 2015 9:04 AM
admin: Yes they were. We've charged over a dozen Chinese government officials with hacking offenses in our country. Many more charges were made in India and the Philippines.
And the testimonies on Chinese hackers are a little more legitimate. They come from government defectors.
admin
By admin | Jun 12 2015 10:21 AM
Blackflag: Even if it does, is that good? Compared to, you know, NOT antagonizing at all and trying to be nice to people?
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Jun 12 2015 10:22 AM
Blackflag: Do you have a source? I'd be interested.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 12 2015 1:27 PM
admin: I am not a fan of being asked to hunt down sources. I don't even do that in debates.
You can't be that uninformed. Last year the US indicted 5 Chinese officers caught hacking into US nuclear secrets. There are many other examples out there.
Your own country has been hacked 5 times and your own government filed a formal accusation against the Chinese government after one of your supercomputers was hacked.

You're worst than the people who blame the victim. Not only are you pretending the victim isn't a victim, but you are actually denying that the act ever happened. You're not THIS ignorant.
Page: 123456Most Recent