EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

China Hack

< Return to subforum
Page: 123456Most Recent
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 12 2015 1:30 PM
admin: Even if it does, is that good? Compared to, you know, NOT antagonizing at all and trying to be nice to people?
You call it antagonization whereas I call it looking out for the best interests of our own people. Antagonization is met with backlash, and despite what you are claiming, China is the one doing the antagonizing here.

Contrary to idealistic post modern liberal beliefs, sometimes the only way to win a war is to fight back.
admin
By admin | Jun 12 2015 5:54 PM
Blackflag: Well that's alright then, because I don't believe the US would be so stupid as to try to charge somebody in a formal judicial process based on such limited evidence alone.

The NZ government practically follows the US on all matters related to IT. We're extremely inactive in that regard.

All that having been said, given that US nuclear secrets are integral to military operations and that you said you supported military hacking, I suppose you don't have a problem with those hacks anyway if they ever did occur.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Jun 12 2015 5:56 PM
Blackflag: Sometimes the only way to win a war is to avoid a war. As the Chinese saying goes, the best strategy is to run away.

Hitler too said "Alles Fur Deutschland". Always had the best interests of his own people at heart. Modern American nationalism is frankly extremely scary in the context of global security.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 13 2015 3:25 AM
All that having been said, given that US nuclear secrets are integral to military operations and that you said you supported military hacking, I suppose you don't have a problem with those hacks anyway if they ever did occur
Well it would only be fair that we have the right to hack into nuclear secrets as well.

Hitler too said "Alles Fur Deutschland". Always had the best interests of his own people at heart. Modern American nationalism is frankly extremely scary in the context of global security.
I don't know why you keep bringing up your vendetta for America. It is completely unrelated. This debate is about how China IS hacking into other nations and how we are the victims. You think it is a legitimate argument to tarnish the image of the victim, which is silly, because it doesn't change the fact that the victim was victimized. Stop blaming the victim.

Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 13 2015 3:28 AM
I also looked it up and found nothing on that quote. Doing nothing while you're getting beaten down wont lessen your inevitable injuries.
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Jun 13 2015 5:48 AM
You know, this actually is a good example of how China and Russia are playing the "Liberal Game". They paint the United States as the dominant nation (which was technically true until late 2014) and themselves as underdog nations that just want to practice their basic rights without being opposed by the United States' imperialism. Liberals eat it up, but what they don't realize is that if these two nations assert their own power in the world on a large scale they'll be just as bad as the U.S. (and probably even worse).
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 13 2015 10:33 AM
Dassault Papillon: I know Russian media personally uses this tactic. Not sure about China though.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 13 2015 10:40 AM
Russia does it a little differently though. They counter arguments by bringing up the united states in a completely unrelated context. It is known as the Soviet fallacy, or Whataboutism. It is what @admin is doing in this thread. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/And_you_are_lynching_Negroes
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 13 2015 10:51 AM
I also agree with @Swag that the United States is no longer a dominant nation. China isn't lacking in R&D. Their technology is just as good as ours. In the case of their fighter plane and assault rifles, they are better than our militaries. They keep progressing models of their tanks, and have been playing the imperial game on other nations a lot more than the United States behind the scenes. Look it up. China makes incursions into the Phillipines, Vietnam, the Senaku Islands, India, and Africa. Not to mention the atrocities they are committing trying to keep Xinjiang and Tibet apart of China, and right now they are trying to expand their borders past Xinjiang into more non-Chinese territory! I find other liberals more annoying than conservatives on foreign policy. They are as misguided as Neville Chamberlain, when we have millions of examples of strong but fair diplomacy working throughout our nations history.
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Jun 13 2015 12:05 PM
Blackflag: Yeah. Liberals are being manipulated by the enemies of the United States, though they should be opposed to China and Russia (that is, they would be if they were true to their ideas).
By this point, American Liberals and American Conservatives should be united in opposition to China. Liberals because China's turned into an insane imperialist bully, and Conservatives because China's the absolute #1 threat to America that exists in this world.
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Jun 13 2015 12:09 PM
At this point perhaps the only two areas where America is still no. 1 is in regards to the sheer number of military allies we have, as well as our ability to "project power" effectively just about everywhere.
Page: 123456Most Recent