EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Feminism and LGBT rights

< Return to subforum
Page: 1234Most Recent
admin
By admin | Aug 16 2016 10:05 AM
Bi0Hazard: Yip.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Aug 16 2016 2:11 PM
admin: Why? Why do you favor mainstream feminism and have no problem with transgenders in society?
admin
By admin | Aug 16 2016 2:14 PM
Bi0Hazard: Because I think it's important that gender doesn't restrict people on the feminism side of things.

And because I don't see any problems.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Crow
By Crow | Aug 16 2016 2:17 PM
admin: Because I think it's important that gender doesn't restrict people on the feminism side of things.

What does that have to do with mainstream feminism.

Advocacy for legal entitlement on the basis of being female.

And because I don't see any problems.

With the logic behind coming transgender, or the effect that stupid people have on society?
The ADB committee just changed its policy on 8/28/2016
No communication with admin. Ever.
admin
By admin | Aug 16 2016 2:23 PM
Crow: Right, because males aren't entitled?
I don't support affirmative action but I certainly believe that sentiments like what you've just said prove that feminism is still required.

Just like mental illness has nothing to do with intellect, so too does identity have nothing to do with it. Bear in mind that psychologists used to think gay people were stupid because the only gay people they measured were the ones being caught.
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Aug 16 2016 2:27 PM
admin: I don't support affirmative action but I certainly believe that sentiments like what you've just said prove that feminism is still required.
How exactly are you defining feminism in this?
Crow
By Crow | Aug 16 2016 2:35 PM
admin: Right, because males aren't entitled?

Not inherently.

At the moment, females have more leverage in society.

I don't support affirmative action but I certainly believe that sentiments like what you've just said prove that feminism is still required.

What sentiments? That there should be no affirmative action based on gender?

If you do not believe in affirmative action, then you should not support mainstream feminists.

ust like mental illness has nothing to do with intellect, so too does identity have nothing to do with it.

Many mental illnesses are directly correlated with lesser intelligence.

Trans-whatever is among them.

Bear in mind that psychologists used to think gay people were stupid because the only gay people they measured were the ones being caught.

Homosexuality has nothing to do with transgenders/transvestites.

No one is saying that transgenders are overall morons (many are). I am saying that in this regard they are being complete and total retards, and they advertise their idiocy in a fashion that stupefies society as a whole.
admin
By admin | Aug 16 2016 3:01 PM
Bi0Hazard: I'd define it as the active belief that more needs to be done to empower those of marginalized genders.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Aug 16 2016 3:07 PM
Crow: At the moment, females have more leverage in society.
In some marginal specific ways, yes.

If you do not believe in affirmative action, then you should not support mainstream feminists.
Feminism is a goal not a policy.

Many mental illnesses are directly correlated with lesser intelligence.
Then by definition they'd be intellectual disabilities, not mental illnesses.

Trans-whatever is among them.
Not according to the science. Psychological research shows that gender identity isn't fixed by physiology in healthy individuals. It's like some people want to be bodybuilders, that doesn't mean they're mentally ill, it just means that's their ideal identity. And we allow people to pursue those ends.

Homosexuality has nothing to do with transgenders/transvestites.
Never said it did. Just saying that criminal social deviance does not imply stupidity.

in this regard they are being complete and total retards
Is there anyone you DON'T think is retarded other than yourself?
Let's revive the forums!
Crow
By Crow | Aug 16 2016 3:35 PM
admin: Feminism is a goal not a policy.

We are talking about mainstream feminists,and not feminism.

The means are just as important as the ends.

Then by definition they'd be intellectual disabilities, not mental illnesses.

Nope.

They would be mental illnesses.

You obviously do not understand what the word correlation means.

Never said it did. Just saying that criminal social deviance does not imply stupidity.

It isn't social deviancy. Part of the problem is that transgenders are not shamed nearly enough.

Both the act and the logic are derived from utter idiocy.

Is there anyone you DON'T think is retarded other than yourself?

Yes.
admin
By admin | Aug 16 2016 3:54 PM
Crow: The means are just as important as the ends.
So you think that because I agree with an end I need to agree with every means that most people agree would achieve that end? That's absurd.

Like for example I believe, strongly, in peace. But most who believe in peace also support having a military. Does that mean I don't really believe in peace?

You obviously do not understand what the word correlation means.
2 things being correlated doesn't make them the same.

Both the act and the logic are derived from utter idiocy.
Like that hasn't been said of deviants before, right?
Let's revive the forums!
Crow
By Crow | Aug 16 2016 4:01 PM
admin: So you think that because I agree with an end I need to agree with every means that most people agree would achieve that end? That's absurd.

No.

Didn't say that, nor would anyone with normal comprehension skills have implied that.

If you are to agree with mainstream feminists (not general feminism) , then you would be in agreement with the policies they advocate for. Affirmative action towards the female sex being the biggest.

2 things being correlated doesn't make them the same.

No shit, Captain Obvious.

Like that hasn't been said of deviants before, right?

Except in this case it is true.

Restate the arguments and I will prove why they come from a place of complete and total retardation.
admin
By admin | Aug 16 2016 4:06 PM
Crow: If you are to agree with mainstream feminists (not general feminism) , then you would be in agreement with the policies they advocate for.
How does this logically follow? If I want to agree with a mainstream goal, be it happiness, liberalism, feminism or anything else, why must I also agree with all the policies those people usually advocate?

Restate the arguments
There's no arguments. It's an empirical thing. Some people have different gender identities from their gender. I just so happen to not see a problem with it. If you see a problem then that's on you.
Let's revive the forums!
Crow
By Crow | Aug 16 2016 4:32 PM
admin: How does this logically follow? If I want to agree with a mainstream goal, be it happiness, liberalism, feminism or anything else, why must I also agree with all the policies those people usually advocate?

Those classic god-awful comprehension skills of yours are at it again.

The question is not whether you support feminism. The question is whether you support mainstream feminists . That is the third time I have repeated it.

Seriously, this is why I brought up the autism thing originally.

I just so happen to not see a problem with it. If you see a problem then that's on you.

Lame response.

If you saw a problem with misogyny, I could just say that's on you and call it a day.

The problem is that something as idiotic as a false gender identity, goes towards stupefying our culture as a whole. These morons drain the intelligence out of society.

Like it or not, that's the problem being put forward.
admin
By admin | Aug 16 2016 4:35 PM
Crow: The question is not whether you support feminism. The question is whether you support mainstream feminists .
I don't support everything that mainstream feminists say. I support mainstream feminism.

Like it or not, that's the problem being put forward.
Something being "moronic" is not a problem, that's a judgment.
Let's revive the forums!
Crow
By Crow | Aug 16 2016 4:38 PM
admin: I don't support everything that mainstream feminists say. I support mainstream feminism.

Mainstream feminists are primarily advocating for things like affirmative action for women.

Obviously your views are not in line with mainstream feminism. Maybe some other incantation of feminism, but not mainstream feminism.

Something being "moronic" is not a problem, that's a judgment.

6 year old comprehension skills are at it again.

The problem, as I have said twice, is that that idiocy infects society as a whole. You don't see a dumbed down society as a problem?
Crow
By Crow | Aug 16 2016 4:40 PM
Obviously your views are not in line with mainstream feminism. Maybe some other incantation of feminism, but not mainstream feminism.

The proper equivalency is how you consider yourself a liberal.

You definitely are not a classic liberal.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Aug 16 2016 5:11 PM
admin: And what do you think should be done to empower those of supposed marginalized genders?
admin
By admin | Aug 16 2016 5:21 PM
Crow: Obviously your views are not in line with mainstream feminism.
Sure but my goals are, and that's what feminism is. Goals.

You don't see a dumbed down society as a problem?
Not necessarily if you define transgender as idiotic. In fact I'd quite like a more inclusive accepting society.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Aug 16 2016 5:22 PM
Crow: I don't agree with most other so-called "classical liberals" about the means but agree about a free & equal end. Liberalism in the classical sense is just the pursuit of freedom and equality.
Let's revive the forums!
Page: 1234Most Recent