EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Anarchism

< Return to subforum
Page: 123Most Recent
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | May 25 2016 9:59 AM
Is anarchy possible? Do we need government?

What do you think about Anarchism?
Priest of Swag
By Priest of Swag | May 25 2016 10:37 AM
Bi0Hazard: Anarchy has been around forever. It has existed since the dawn of time to the present day.

The only reason anarchist communities are never publicized, is because anarchism isn't an ideology that requires any sort of official status, like states do with their "constitutions."

Anarchy is just people going on with their lives without recognizing the legitimacy of the government that claims to control them, and not attempting to create a government of their own.

The couple examples of vocally anarchist entities were all defeated in wars, but life under them was business as usual.

There is an overwhelming misconception, perpetuated by governments themselves, that all hell will break lose without their invisible influence. This couldn't be more wrong.
Priest of Swag
By Priest of Swag | May 25 2016 10:41 AM
Unfortunately the anarchist movement is mostly dominated by peace punks and philosophers, who do not recognize that without force, their dream of a harmonious and self sufficient world will never come to fruition.

We are forced to live in a diseased society of helpless degenerates, until courageous men and women rise up for true freedom. Too many people are afraid of getting by without the "assistance" of governments, but our lives can not be dictated by fear.
admin
By admin | May 25 2016 3:59 PM
Bi0Hazard: Anarchy is possible but it's not too fun. People need to be able to collectively set rules to govern norms of behavior. In most cases, this leads to the provision of public goods, which cannot happen under anarchism, the guarantee of rights and liberties, which cannot happen under anarchism, and to social order.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Priest of Swag
By Priest of Swag | May 25 2016 4:13 PM
admin: . People need to be able to collectively set rules to govern norms of behavior.

Why?

this leads to the provision of public goods, which cannot happen under anarchism

Total BS. Ever hear of a co-op? Another example is all the sharing of goods that went on in Makhno's time

the guarantee of rights and liberties, which cannot happen under anarchism, and to social order.

These things can't be guaranteed, because they are purely conceptual.

Come back to earth.
Priest of Swag
By Priest of Swag | May 25 2016 4:16 PM
And social order is the most disgusting thing ever. It is the biggest reason why I was turned on to anarchism.

Our cultures are full of mindless sheep, as well as everything else in our society.
Priest of Swag
By Priest of Swag | May 25 2016 4:21 PM
@admin I know I said it about a million times before I was banned, but you do not know two shits about classical anarchism, or any sort of anarchist philosophy for that matter.

You just concocted your own image on what anarchy is and what actual political theorists believed it would look like.

It is also apparent that you never studied a single community to ever have existed without a government.

Seriously, read a book.
admin
By admin | May 25 2016 4:29 PM
Priest of Swag: I think this is the crux of your point. Personally I think there's a greater diversity of opinion than ever before, because people are more informed thanks to the internet and such. Social order need not mean intellectual order.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Priest of Swag
By Priest of Swag | May 25 2016 4:32 PM
admin: It isn't the crux of my point, so get back to the actual shit I said to you.
admin
By admin | May 25 2016 4:54 PM
Priest of Swag: I think it is, and you need to watch your language. Saying "s**t" in every second post is not acceptable.

The reason I think so is that most of your other points are directly derived from it. With intellectual order it is natural norms and conceptualizations fail to have real-world impacts. The only other point you made was co-ops, which are a form of decentralized government.
Let's revive the forums!
Priest of Swag
By Priest of Swag | May 25 2016 5:04 PM
admin: The only other point you made was co-ops, which are a form of decentralized government.
God, you don't even know what a co-op is. They don't govern over anything. You just make up BS whenever it suits you.

I also would like to know how a government can guarantee something that only exists conceptually.
Priest of Swag
By Priest of Swag | May 25 2016 5:07 PM
You have made a dozen definitions of government since I've known you. Here are ACTUAL definitions.

the political direction and control exercised over the actions of the members, citizens, or inhabitants of communities, societies, and states; direction of the affairs of a state, community, etc.; political administration:

the process or manner of controlling a country, state, etc.

The action or manner of controlling or regulating a nation, organization, or people:

The agency or apparatus through which a governing individual or body functions and exercises authority .

So for the love of god, stop saying every other thing is a type of government when its function doesn't control anything. You always make stuff up. It is tiring.
admin
By admin | May 25 2016 5:08 PM
Priest of Swag: They govern expenditure.

And a concept can have a real world corollary. Something like "protection against people shooting you" is both a concept and an implied activity.
Let's revive the forums!
Priest of Swag
By Priest of Swag | May 25 2016 5:10 PM
More definitions

the people who control a country, region, or city and make decisions about its laws and taxes

the system used for controlling a country, city, or group of people:

A group that exercises sovereign authority over a nation, state, society or other body of people.

That's the first usable definition from seven dictionary sites. No more will you say something is government when it isn't.
admin
By admin | May 25 2016 5:11 PM
Priest of Swag: So a co-op doesn't control money? If so, how do you think they pay for public goods?
Let's revive the forums!
Priest of Swag
By Priest of Swag | May 25 2016 5:14 PM
admin: They govern expenditure.

There is nothing wrong with governing, just government. Governments imply sovereign status over people, whereas governing by itself has no attached hegemony to begin with.

They are not the same thing.

Read a book on classical anarchism, they distinguish the two things. I doubt you ever will read a book on anarchism though. You prefer to make up your own BS.

And a concept can have a real world corollary. Something like "protection against people shooting you" is both a concept and an implied activity.
That does nothing to explain how the government can ensure it. Get to the point.
Priest of Swag
By Priest of Swag | May 25 2016 5:15 PM
admin: Stop acting like an idiot.
Priest of Swag
By Priest of Swag | May 25 2016 5:16 PM
It's all semantics with you, and the worst part is, you didn't even bother to read the definitions. In any of those definitions does it say anything about government controlling money? No, just that they control a society, body of people, a country, or a nation.
admin
By admin | May 25 2016 5:28 PM
Priest of Swag: Control the money, control the people. Economics is a social science after all.

If a government were to hypothetically destroy all guns, they'd ensure the freedom from getting shot in the face with a gun. Seems logical to me.
Let's revive the forums!
Priest of Swag
By Priest of Swag | May 25 2016 5:31 PM
admin: Control the money, control the people. Economics is a social science after all.
Co-op's don't steal money like all governments do. The key word is "cooperative"
Page: 123Most Recent