By Bi0Hazard | Jun 17 2016 2:17 PM
What is your political ideology?

Pick from here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_ideologies
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Jun 17 2016 2:39 PM
Bi0Hazard: Christian theocratic communist
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Jun 17 2016 2:43 PM
Or to pick one on the list, Dominionist.
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Jun 17 2016 2:45 PM
I've also come up with an idea called National Corporatism.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Jun 17 2016 2:50 PM
Dassault Papillon: How would you define National Corporatism?
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Jun 17 2016 2:53 PM
Bi0Hazard: The state becomes a giant corporation. Every citizen is an employee of and receives a paycheck from the state. The state uses the country's resources and its worker base to create products for export in the international market. Its profits are used to keep the country afloat.
Crow
By Crow | Jun 17 2016 3:17 PM
From the list, anarchist without adjectives. I always felt like saying "without adjectives" functioned the exact same as if I had an adjective though.
The ADB committee just changed its policy on 8/28/2016
No communication with admin. Ever.
Crow
By Crow | Jun 17 2016 3:24 PM
Dassault Papillon: Almost the same as state capitalism. All major corporations are owned by the state, with corporate executives functioning with powers similar to an elected official. That is what you have in Russia.
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Jun 17 2016 3:26 PM
Crow: The difference seems to be that state enterprises cater to their own people instead of trying to sell stuff to the world.
admin
By admin | Jun 17 2016 3:34 PM
Bi0Hazard: Liberal, as you know, which I define as being a belief in balanced freedom with equality. And I take little bits that I like from different subcategories of liberalism.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Jun 17 2016 3:44 PM
admin: So, just Liberalism?
admin
By admin | Jun 17 2016 3:48 PM
Bi0Hazard: Pretty much - I take inspiration from many liberal groups but I don't fit neatly into any of them.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Jun 17 2016 3:53 PM
admin: How much in common with an American Liberal(Democrat)?
Like Obama, Clinton, Warren, and Sanders.
admin
By admin | Jun 17 2016 4:03 PM
Bi0Hazard: Maybe 75%. American Liberals are quite moderate to say the least by global standards. Some examples of differences I'd have with most of those:
- I'm somewhat more opposed to the armed forces
- I oppose gun rights outright, believing guns should be a privilege, not a right
- I don't believe in bailouts and political favors granted to large corporations
- I think the USA should substantially increase foreign investment (in a similar manner to China)
- I do not in any way support illegal immigration (but am a strong supporter of improving the immigration process & letting more people in)
- I strongly oppose the liberalization of drug policy
- I oppose the pretty-much-two-party political system in general
Let's revive the forums!
Crow
By Crow | Jun 17 2016 4:14 PM
admin: You are making the error of believing that you can generalize american liberalism into one set of beliefs.

The liberal community here is just as pick and choose as you are. They tend to believe in most of the party platform, but digress on a few things, but that is mostly because there has been very poor attempts at creating a general liberal identity, because the democratic party is full of politicians that cannot agree on absolutely everything (moreso than other political parties throughout the world)
Crow
By Crow | Jun 17 2016 4:19 PM
admin: To better describe this, I have met a dozen or so democrats who have the exact same beliefs as you IRL (although many with more issues that were discusses)
admin
By admin | Jun 17 2016 4:31 PM
Crow: Perhaps, I was talking on average based largely on what gets filtered down through the media.
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Jun 19 2016 2:29 PM
As for me, conservatism. The two on the list that describe my views the closest are conservatism and Libertarian Conservatism.
I like to call myself Conservative Populist.
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Jun 19 2016 3:37 PM
I would like to note that my political ideology as described here simply describes my version of a perfect system, not necessarily the system which would work in the United States or most other countries.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Jun 19 2016 3:41 PM
admin: - I'm somewhat more opposed to the armed forces
So is Bernie Sanders, but the average democrat like Obama and Hillary have been more militant than a liberal usually is.
- I oppose gun rights outright, believing guns should be a privilege, not a right
Same is true with many democrats, Bernie Sanders and Clinton support an assault weapon ban, and want stricter gun control. They may say they support gun rights but that is because gun rights are protected under the constitution, and they can't ignore the constitution(after all, as president, it's your duty to uphold the constitution).
- I don't believe in bailouts and political favors granted to large corporations
Bernie Sanders would agree. Mostly republicans would agree with this in the U.S.
- I do not in any way support illegal immigration (but am a strong supporter of improving the immigration process & letting more people in)
Neither do democrats.
- I strongly oppose the liberalization of drug policy
That would make you more moderate on drug policy than the usual democrats. Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton support the legalization of marijuana.
Page: 12345Most Recent