EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Is Islam a religion of peace?

< Return to subforum
Page: 1345678911Most Recent
Krazy
By Krazy | Aug 25 2015 7:07 AM
Bolshevik-: If you want me to make an argument in support of the Bible, I'll be happy to do so. But if you want me to stop bringing it up, you have to have a reason. Besides empty claims that it's "trash" or "propaganda", what other arguments do you have that prove that the Bible is false?
Bolshevik-
By Bolshevik- | Aug 25 2015 7:18 AM
Krazy: Well the way you are acting tells me that you are clearly a brainwashed fellow. I would feel sorry for you if not for your idiotic views on the world. And why do I need to 'reference a verse' if I've never read the Bible. For fantasy novels I prefer to read Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and Game of Thrones.
Victory: http://www.edeb8.com/forum/Games/828
Krazy
By Krazy | Aug 25 2015 7:43 AM
Bolshevik-: If you don't read it then why are you claiming it is "trash" or "propaganda"? You don't even know what it says.

Your only "arguments" against the Bible is claiming that it's somehow trash or propaganda. So after doing a few calculations, and adding up some numbers, you've managed to make a grand total of 0 reasons to back up your claims thus far. I've just asked you to give reasons, but instead, you beat around the bush and call me an "idiot". At this point, I'm not sure if you're actually being serious.
Bolshevik-
By Bolshevik- | Aug 25 2015 8:20 AM
Krazy: Its propaganda due to your behavior.
Krazy
By Krazy | Aug 25 2015 9:14 AM
Bolshevik-: What did I say?
Bolshevik-
By Bolshevik- | Aug 25 2015 9:58 AM
Krazy: You admitted to being a liar.
Krazy
By Krazy | Aug 25 2015 10:11 AM
Bolshevik-: You said my behavior was unacceptable. And now you're calling me a liar. What did I say?
Bolshevik-
By Bolshevik- | Aug 25 2015 10:27 AM
Krazy: You said that God is real.
Krazy
By Krazy | Aug 25 2015 10:30 AM
Bolshevik-: Is that why my behavior is unacceptable?
Bolshevik-
By Bolshevik- | Aug 25 2015 10:45 AM
Krazy: And the fact that you try and brainwash me with Christian propaganda.
admin
By admin | Aug 25 2015 11:57 AM
Bolshevik-: If this continues much longer, I'll probably deem it to move on to trolling territory. I think this is a clear case where your point has been made, and if you're not willing to provide original info to Krazy's question, then you're probably just trying to get a reaction.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Bolshevik-
By Bolshevik- | Aug 25 2015 12:55 PM
admin: I saw no reason for serious responses since we would probably be in this thread arguing for the next ten years either way. However I will stop.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Aug 25 2015 1:50 PM
If you want me to make an argument in support of the Bible, I'll be happy to do so.
Please.

what other arguments do you have that prove that the Bible is false?
It doesn't work that way. You firmly believe the bible is 100% true, and Stalin believes the bible is propaganda.

It is unreasonable to ask for arguments from him, without first making your own argument. That is a cheap arguing tactic I wish would stop.
Krazy
By Krazy | Aug 25 2015 3:26 PM
Blackflag: I was waiting for him to make an argument. And then I was going to put forth mine. If he first claims that the Bible is trash or propaganda, he needs to have a reason. Of course, he later said that he was trolling (which I feel stupid for not realizing), but anyway, here's the argument. This might be a long post.

The proof that the Bible is true is that if it wasn't true, then we couldn't prove that anything is true. See, our thinking is based on the laws of logic - the standard of reasoning. They are:
1. Law of Identity: A is A.
2. Law of Non-Contradiction: A cannot be A and non A at the same time in the same sense.
3. Law of Excluded Middle: A is either true or false; there is no middle position.

Now why are these laws true? Nobody questions that they are true (unless they're absolutely crazy), but not very many people stop to think why they are true.

Only the Christian can account for such laws of reasoning. We are to pattern our thoughts after God's thoughts. We are made in God's image (Genesis 1:26) so we can follow His example (Ephesians 5:1). Laws of logic are a reflection of the way God thinks so He as a result expects us to think like Him (in a limited way). The characteristics of logic and the characteristics of God are interestingly synonymous. Laws of logic are immaterial. God is immaterial (John 4:24). Laws of logic are self-consistent. So is God (2 Timothy 2:13). And all truth is in God (John 14:6; Colossians 2:3) so truth will not contradict itself. God always upholds the universe by His power (Hebrews 1:3), so we can expect that no contradiction will happen in the universe. Laws of logic are contingent upon the nature of God.They are the prerequisite for rational reasoning and rational reasoning would not be possible without the biblical God. Laws of logic only make sense in the Christian worldview. Every other worldview cannot possibly account for them. Take, for example, the Law of Non-Contradiction. Apart from the Bible, how could we know that contradictions are always false? Apart from the Bible, we could only say that they have been false in our experience. However, our experiences are limited; and nobody has experienced the future. So if somebody asserted that he discovered two contradictory claims that are true, the non-Christian has no basis for dismissing such an assertion. It is only within the Biblical worldview that we know for sure that contradictions cannot happen in reality. Only the Christian has the foundation for the law of Non-Contradiction; or any law of logic for that matter. Only the Bible can make sense of logic itself.

I used an argument similar to this with admin in a debate one time, but I don't think he (or the judges) firmly grasped it, refused to grasp it, or were distracted by other arguments. Which is why I lost that debate.
Krazy
By Krazy | Aug 25 2015 3:27 PM
Krazy: Source courtesy of "The Ultimate Proof of Creation. Resolving the origins debate." By Dr. Jason LIsle.
admin
By admin | Aug 25 2015 4:51 PM
Krazy: I did grasp it, I just distracted the judges with other arguments XD
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Krazy
By Krazy | Aug 25 2015 5:22 PM
admin: See, that was a huge mistake on my part. Shouldn't have argued prophecies, scientific accuracies, etc. If the logic thing was the only thing focused on, then I would have had a much higher chance of winning. Because the logic argument, I believe, is a very strong argument. And I believe I could've trapped you in a corner more easily if the logic argument was argued more extensively. Oh well. That debate was still fun.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Aug 25 2015 5:41 PM
Krazy: Your entire argument is derived from the bible. You were asked to prove the legitimacy of the bible as a source of supreme knowledge and truth, and you quoted the bible to achieve that ends.

So if somebody asserted that he discovered two contradictory claims that are true, the non-Christian has no basis for dismissing such an assertion. It is only within the Biblical worldview that we know for sure that contradictions cannot happen in reality. Only the Christian has the foundation for the law of Non-Contradiction; or any law of logic for that matter. Only the Bible can make sense of logic itself.
This is fallacious. You are stating that you must accept the bible to be the truth to know that the bible is the truth. What?!

I did grasp it, I just distracted the judges with other argument
Liar. You couldn't of grasped this argument, because it doesn't make any sense. It is a dozen contradicting claims and assumed premises.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Aug 25 2015 5:43 PM
So if somebody asserted that he discovered two contradictory claims that are true, the non-Christian has no basis for dismissing such an assertion
And yes, the non-christian does have a basis. The Christian basis is the bible, but Atheists often reach conclusions based on other material and aids.

Only the Christian has the foundation for the law of Non-Contradiction; or any law of logic for that matter. Only the Bible can make sense of logic itself.
What of the Quran?
admin
By admin | Aug 25 2015 5:56 PM
Blackflag: Just because you believe an argument is wrong doesn't mean you can't grasp or understand it.
Let's revive the forums!
Page: 1234567891011Most Recent