Page: 12Most Recent
admin
By admin | Aug 17 2015 4:20 PM
@Hello guinea pigs.

I'd like to collect more feedback on the open beta of http://alttest.edeb8.com/

Known issues:
> Teal color doesn't work and is replaced with blue
> Notification animations could be improved

Per nzlockie's feedback I think what I'll do is make the header border optional in the settings once we change to the new style. Will probably coincide with the next feature rollout that is happening next week.

So please give me more feedback! Especially concerning:
> The fonts
> The new header
> The wide format dashboard
> The new profile pages
> New notification box
> How it looks on mobiles

etc etc
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Aug 17 2015 4:27 PM
admin: New debate and forum styles, too.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Aug 17 2015 4:56 PM
My concern is with the grey underneath the big picture. It doesn't go well with the white above it.
admin
By admin | Aug 17 2015 5:05 PM
Blackflag: This is for the picture on the homepage at the top for non-logged-in users?

I've never been too comfortable with any one picture honestly. It's a valid point you make.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Aug 17 2015 5:14 PM
admin: I think the picture is good. White goes good with blue, but having grey blurred against the white underneath will turn people off.

Personally I would use another picture that has more activity in the center of the image, that is also white and complements the header.
admin
By admin | Aug 17 2015 5:16 PM
Blackflag: Remember how long we argued before we settled on that greyish background?
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Aug 17 2015 5:27 PM
admin: I have been opposed to the gray background for awhile. I actually like how you implemented the blue. I would of been skeptical had you told me you were planning on having a default blue header, but it actually looks really nice. You definitely should keep that.
admin
By admin | Aug 17 2015 5:45 PM
Blackflag: After some experimentation right now, the background does need to be darker than the boxes unfortunately. Otherwise it's VERY hard to see where the boxes are, or else if I darken the boxes they become hard to read.

How's the current version?
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Aug 18 2015 12:56 AM
admin: I kind of like how the forums and debate pages make the site look like it came from an older internet explorer or firefox version. It gives me serious nostalgia.
admin
By admin | Aug 18 2015 12:57 AM
Blackflag: ... and about the white background?
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Aug 18 2015 1:00 AM
admin: Terrible. It should be a dark color. You can't have two different shades of white right next to each other.
admin
By admin | Aug 18 2015 1:01 AM
Blackflag: Well I can't make it too dark either, and in between is grey. It's like I can't win.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Aug 18 2015 1:10 AM
admin: Why can't you make it to dark?
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Aug 18 2015 1:10 AM
admin: I am talking about the boxes btw. You should shade the boxes, not the background if that is what you were thinking.

admin
By admin | Aug 18 2015 1:11 AM
Blackflag: I'll show you how it looks. One sec...
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Aug 18 2015 1:12 AM
admin: One final option, although I would prefer shaded boxes, is to use bold black frames instead of the grey frames over the boxes
admin
By admin | Aug 18 2015 1:12 AM
Blackflag: Check it now.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Aug 18 2015 1:13 AM
admin: That comes with its own problems as well. Think about shading the boxes or using a bolder frame?
admin
By admin | Aug 18 2015 1:15 AM
Blackflag: Told you it does. Please take it on authority that a bolder frame would be terrible.

Shading boxes MIGHT work for the homepage, but not for every other page.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Aug 19 2015 3:54 PM
admin: Are you keeping the black background?
Page: 12Most Recent