EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Sovereignty Support

< Return to subforum
Page: 123Most Recent
admin
By admin | Jan 31 2015 8:08 AM
Blackflag: I guess I'm confused as to where you and @Gendo_Ikari draw the line. On the one hand, when two cultures coexist you want to draw borders between them. On the other hand, if there's a melting pot state, then it's totally fine.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jan 31 2015 8:23 AM
admin: That sounds a bit right. Of course there are always exceptions. For example, I support a greater China, because China has always been the worlds second largest melting pot, but I still support Tibetan and Xinjiang independence. Same with the US. I feel if there was enough reason for a place like Hawaii to become independent I would support it. My criteria is how popular the government is with the minority, and whether they are being disadvantaged by the system.
admin
By admin | Jan 31 2015 8:29 AM
Blackflag: I much prefer the New Zealand approach. Maori being disadvantaged? They form their own political party who's been allied with the government for about a decade now (longer than every other party), influencing policy to advantage their culture. The trouble with many "melting pot" states is that they don't allow many of the constituent cultures to melt together all that well.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Page: 123Most Recent