EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

The Problem with Collective Security

< Return to subforum
Page: 12Most Recent
admin
By admin | May 29 2015 7:12 AM
Blackflag: I don't even accept your premise that NATO is dominated by the US.
That's a complex issue. I'll file it on the long list of things I have to debate with you :)

major nation in NATO has made statements advocating for the increase.
I've never said they hadn't. Simply said that I think it's a terrible idea.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | May 29 2015 7:18 AM
Only as a relative proportion of your budget. Your year to year spending has steadily increased.
Relative proportion... lol. So you are conceding that we lowered military spending consistently since 2008?

That doesn't make it NOT a puppet of the US in international military affairs.
You're the one making the unwaranted claim that Germany is a puppet state. US politicians are not in the Landstag. US generals do not occupy positions in the German Military.
Prove that they are a puppet. All you ever do is make unwarranted claims.

It's unprofitable and Germany sees little value from it anyway. I say this as somebody who knows little about international military logistics, but much about Germany.
Very much false. Germany makes a HUGE profit on licensing its Arms. 100's of millions of Euros and tens of millions of jobs to say the least. The glory is that Germanies arms industry is based mostly on licensing and manafacturing their weapons with materials coming from the countries who bought the license. With no overhead or expenses.

Prove that global conflict would be greater if there were less weapons.
Oh, would love too. Soviet Union had lots of weapons. The Soviet Union wasn't invaded. Many nations wanted to dissolve the Soviet Union.
West Germany had lots of weapons. West Germany wasn't invaded. Many nations wanted to dissolve West Germany.
The US had lots of weapons. The US wasn't invaded, and MANY countries wanted to dissolve the United States.

Get the picture. Now I would like your proof. You are such a hypocrite. You always ask me to prove that the claims you make are false. Prove they are true then we can talk.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | May 29 2015 7:20 AM
That's a complex issue. I'll file it on the long list of things I have to debate with you
Not complex at all. Very simple actually. Why don't you show me how complex it is and prove that NATO is dominated by the US. I just showed you evidence that NATO is not dominated by the US.

I've never said they hadn't. Simply said that I think it's a terrible idea.
Once again you are lying. You said that the 3% budget was supported almost entirely by the US military industrial complex. I've proven that to be false and you're trying to change what you said earlier.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | May 29 2015 7:26 AM
I know you didn't read that link on the Germans arms industry and here is how I know

It says that German arms are in high demand, weapons deals are Germans top industrial priority, and that the German government has approved over 1.4 billion dollars in weapons contracts with NATO and European nations. Although the German Arms Industry did take a fall during the great recession, Kauder ended the article advocating that Germany needs to create more defense contracting companies.

Why are you intentionally lying and misrepresenting sources?
admin
By admin | May 29 2015 7:57 AM
Blackflag: Because it ALSO says the German government has been for a while now reducing arms sales. And also that the German government is having to deny plans they are looking to eliminate it, which many critics (myself included) are saying.

It's called a BALANCED article, something that doesn't exist much in American media anymore.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | May 29 2015 8:00 AM
admin: It is called an article you didn't read and are still to stubborn to do so. They are working towards increasing arms sales. Are you daft or just intentionally ignoring important pieces of the text?
admin
By admin | May 29 2015 8:15 AM
Blackflag: The government does. The industry doesn't. I thought I'd made that clear.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | May 29 2015 8:21 AM
admin: No, the government are the ones who are currently funding the Arms Industry. Military Industrial Complexes can only be sustained through cooperation of capitalists and government politicians. The arms industry can not expand like all these German politicians are advocating for unless they have support from the government
admin
By admin | May 29 2015 8:25 AM
Blackflag: ... and the article explicitly states many times "the government wants to reduce the country's arms exports".

Sure the government are helping to bankroll the industry, but the whole point is that they're cutting back.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | May 29 2015 8:31 AM
admin: and the article explicitly states many times "the government wants to reduce the country's arms exports".

Sure the government are helping to bankroll the industry, but the whole point is that they're cutting back.

Where does it say that, because I clearly read that the German governments top priority is boosting the arms industry. There were three paragraphs on that.
admin
By admin | May 29 2015 8:51 AM
Blackflag: Well for starters, it's the very first sentence of the article...

"Germany's arms industry is under pressure to diversify its business because the government wants to reduce the country's arms exports."
Let's revive the forums!
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Jun 11 2015 5:58 AM
A perfect example of what I'm talking about:
According to a recent poll, if Russia were to attack an Eastern European NATO nation, most European countries would refuse to use deadly force against Russia.
Page: 12Most Recent