EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

DDO

< Return to subforum
Famousdebater
By Famousdebater | Aug 30 2016 11:27 PM
I was wondering about which members of the active community on here have debate.org accounts. I've been on DDO for about a year now and I'm now experimenting with edeb8.

If you did, why did you switch?
Famousdebater from DDO.
admin
By admin | Aug 31 2016 12:03 AM
Famousdebater: I'm guessing my history with DDO is pretty well known already.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Famousdebater
By Famousdebater | Aug 31 2016 4:20 AM
admin: Yeah, I'm aware of that.
Famousdebater from DDO.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Sep 5 2016 7:50 AM
admin: You gave up on DDO?
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Sep 5 2016 7:52 AM
Famousdebater: I am not on DDO and probably never will be.
DDO is home of the internet debating celebrities, right?
admin
By admin | Sep 5 2016 7:56 AM
Bi0Hazard: Not exactly. There's a lot of stuff behind it. Basically the mods and I have a personal issue, nothing site-rule related. Was just a very public and ugly spat.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Famousdebater
By Famousdebater | Sep 5 2016 9:17 AM
Bi0Hazard: DDO is home of the internet debating celebrities, right?

There are good and bad debaters on DDO. I do think that the members on DDO are more 'qualified' and 'experienced' in debating overall but DDO certainly lacks a lot of the things that this site has.

There are pros and cons to both sites. DDO is home to a significantly stronger and more active community than edeb8 (and I don't think that anybody will deny this). But edeb8 is updated and has greater features than DDO has to offer.
Famousdebater from DDO.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Sep 5 2016 9:41 AM
Famousdebater: By celebrities, I just mean well known internet figures.
Famousdebater
By Famousdebater | Sep 5 2016 9:47 AM
Bi0Hazard: Not really then. A lot of them are moderately well known in real life due to their large amount of debate experience but "internet figures" isn't the best choice of wording to describe an online community of debaters.
Famousdebater from DDO.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Sep 5 2016 2:18 PM
Famousdebater: Since DDO is a popular debating site, there would be more well known figures.
admin
By admin | Sep 5 2016 5:15 PM
Famousdebater: It also depends on who you value. I mean, vBates used to have a very strong audience when they launched because they were literally the platform for a sort of European shadow World Schools tournament. Had ridiculously unprecedented strong backing from the circuits. Of course they shut down because the whole thing was unsustainable and nobody actually liked it. So number of successful real life competitors is a bit of a poor metric. Heck, I've won debate titles. It means a lot personally but very little on new media haha.
Let's revive the forums!