WODC 2016 Rules
The 2016 World Online Debate Cup will use the new Edeb8 Tournaments system. Edeb8 Tournament rules will apply to determine pairings etc.
All debates will take place in the following format:
- Text debates, unless the participating site in question only supports video debate or would otherwise be unable to follow the format.
- 3 rounds. Each side will speak 3 times on the topic. If a site allows something like reply rounds, cross-examination etc, these are not to be used.
- 8000 characters per round. A participant may not exceed this limit.
- Open Judging. The default judging standard of each participating site shall apply. For the purposes of assigning points, no normalization will be done this year. Judges should assign points if this is allowed by the debate site.
- 3 days to post each round, or less than this if 3 days is not supported. Participants may not request time extensions unless approved by the chief judge (@admin on edeb8).
- 1 week to judge each debate. If a site does not support limits to judging, any judgments posted after the first week are ignored.
Feel free to ask any questions below in the comments :)
Posted by admin< Return to resources index page
CommentsSorry, you need to be logged in to leave a comment