About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Guns in society

< Return to subforum
Page: 123Most Recent
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Aug 2 2016 10:40 AM
What are your views on guns in society?
Should they be made illegal?
Is gun control effective? Is it necessary?
Crow
By Crow | Aug 2 2016 12:34 PM
Bi0Hazard: Guns are cool. Honest about it.

Their existence gives us back control over our own lives. With the increasing militarization of armies and police that the state commissions, every furthering of gun regulation increases the distinction between the common man, the state, and the thugs.

Gun control is only effective depending on what you care about.

In the United States, and even worst in other countries with stricter gun control, the only real guns available are civilian variants of 60-70 year old guns, which are themselves heavily modified. . If the goal was to make it nearly impossible for civilians to fight against their state, then consider it a success.
Thumbs up from:
The ADB committee just changed its policy on 8/28/2016
No communication with admin. Ever.
Krazy
By Krazy | Aug 2 2016 2:37 PM
Bi0Hazard: Honestly, I think nearly every citizen should have a gun in public. In fact, make it illegal to NOT have a gun in public.

Imagine this scenario. A thief walks into a store. He brings out his gun and says "Everybody down on the ground!". So everyone lays on the ground. He steals the money (or shoots people, or both) and runs out of the store.

Now imagine this situation. Every citizen is armed with an assault rifle. A thief walks into a store. He brings out his gun and says "Everybody down on the ground!". Everybody pulls out their gun. They shoot him to bits. A crime was prevented, and possibly many lives were saved. And to be honest, I don't think the thief would even try to steal the money in the first place if everybody was armed with a gun. People just don't risk their own lives for a cash register.
Krazy
By Krazy | Aug 2 2016 2:47 PM
It's just common sense.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Aug 2 2016 3:39 PM
Crow: In the United States, and even worst in other countries with stricter gun control, the only real guns available are civilian variants of 60-70 year old guns, which are themselves heavily modified.
Really? What do you mean by this?

Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Aug 2 2016 3:43 PM
Krazy: Peace through strength.
Krazy
By Krazy | Aug 2 2016 3:56 PM
Bi0Hazard: More like just evenly-distributed strength. 1 person with a gun can control 100 people without one. If everyone has a gun, everybody's on a level playing field; and the fear of being shot prevents everybody from stealing or murder.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Aug 2 2016 4:04 PM
In the United States,

States with strictest gun laws:

5. Connecticut
4. New York
3. Massachusetts
2. New Jersey
1. California

States with most lenient(most loose/least strict :(

5. North Dakota
4. Oklahoma
3. Arizona
2. Alaska
1. Utah
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Aug 2 2016 4:07 PM
Bi0Hazard: Edit:
States with most lenient(loose/least strict) gun laws:

5. North Dakota
4. Oklahoma
3. Arizona
2. Alaska
1. Utah
Krazy
By Krazy | Aug 2 2016 4:10 PM
Bi0Hazard: That's the exact same list lol.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Aug 2 2016 4:11 PM
Krazy: I just changed one sentence a little bit.
Krazy
By Krazy | Aug 2 2016 4:13 PM
Bi0Hazard: I thought Alaska would be number 1.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Aug 2 2016 4:13 PM
In Utah, you can open carry in public without a permit as long as the gun is unloaded.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Aug 2 2016 4:16 PM
Krazy: You may be right.

Alaska’s gun laws are more lenient than those of many other states, allowing most law-abiding adult residents to carry firearms, either openly or concealed. No special permit is required. You may, however, obtain an Alaska gun permit if you are a resident who wants to carry a gun into another state.
http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/open-and-concealed-gun-carry-laws-alaska.htm

I got that list from here: http://www.deseretnews.com/top/1429/10/Utah-10-states-with-the-most-lenient-gun-laws-.html
Krazy
By Krazy | Aug 2 2016 4:24 PM
Bi0Hazard: In Utah, you can open carry in public without a permit as long as the gun is unloaded.
What's the purpose of carrying a gun if it's unloaded? People are not thinking.
Crow
By Crow | Aug 2 2016 4:26 PM
Krazy: Honestly, I think nearly every citizen should have a gun in public. In fact, make it illegal to NOT have a gun in public.

It is going to be harder for the "good old boys" to enforce control over someone when they are carrying an AK-107.

Everybody pulls out their gun. They shoot him to bits. A crime was prevented, and possibly many lives were saved.

I see a problem with a society where 100 people are in a grocery store with assault rifles.

It isn't necessitated. Concealed weapons are more fitting.

I want to live in a world where individuals take control over their own defense needs, but not in a hyper militarized society, especially when in this day and age most people are fanatical idiots. Any sensible person is going to send you right out the door if you start waving around assault rifles in a place of business, and rightfully so.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Aug 2 2016 4:31 PM
Krazy: What's the purpose of carrying a gun if it's unloaded? People are not thinking.
Laws on weapons have usually been more emotional than practical. In several states, stun guns(which only cause pain) are illegal and are not near as deadly as guns when used. This in a way proves that if bearing arms wasn't a right granted by our constitution, they would be illegal in at least several states.
Crow
By Crow | Aug 2 2016 4:34 PM
A lot of idiots worship the constitution, but fail to have the common sense to see how it has failed to prevent all the bullshit from happening.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Aug 2 2016 4:38 PM
Crow: Yeah, its easy to interpret it differently. It is amazing what laws can be passed even if it were to speak against it. Which is a reason I don't care for them.
Crow
By Crow | Aug 2 2016 4:40 PM
Bi0Hazard: The constitution was to be interpreted by actual human beings, which was the fatal flaw.

That gave the state processes more legitimacy than the piece of paper itself.

Evidence of why libertarianism is the most unsustainable of good intentions.
Page: 123Most Recent