EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Most mental disorders are fake

< Return to subforum
Crow
By Crow | Aug 17 2016 12:44 PM
Our society has gone wild with diagnosing people with a bunch of fake disorders.

Pretty much anyone who is socially awkward nowadays is diagnosed with having asperger's, by the millions of dipshit psychologists who handle this sort of thing.

If it isn't connected with a real psychological or physical defect, then that person does not have a disorder.

Psychologists have to stop labelling every retard with some kind of disorder. Same goes with every other person who does not fit into the box of conformed expectations.
The ADB committee just changed its policy on 8/28/2016
No communication with admin. Ever.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Aug 17 2016 1:36 PM
Crow: Our society has gone wild with diagnosing people with a bunch of fake disorders.

Pretty much anyone who is socially awkward nowadays is diagnosed with having asperger's, by the millions of dipshit psychologists who handle this sort of thing.

Any evidence to support this?
Crow
By Crow | Aug 17 2016 2:09 PM
Bi0Hazard: Just look around you.

If you are socially awkward then you pretty much meet the diagnosis criteria for asperger's.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Aug 17 2016 2:37 PM
Crow: Looking around me isn't evidence of this.
Mental disorders are common in the United States and internationally. An estimated 26.2 percent of Americans ages 18 and older or about one in four adults suffer from a diagnosable mental disorder in a given year. When applied to the 2004 U.S. Census residential population estimate for ages 18 and older, this figure translates to 57.7 million people.
http://www.thekimfoundation.org/html/about_mental_ill/statistics.html
This is what you mean?
Crow
By Crow | Aug 17 2016 2:42 PM
Bi0Hazard: Well even that site says that diagnosis is common but the main burden is 6%,.

You will find a plethora of negative opinions on how many are diagnosed with mental illnesses in this country.

Most of these mental illnesses are made up to give name to a new kind of "different"
Famousdebater
By Famousdebater | Aug 28 2016 8:18 AM
Crow: Our society has gone wild with diagnosing people with a bunch of fake disorders.

Maybe these people have actual, disorders. A more rational way to look at it is that the number of people with mental health illnesses have actually increased.
Famousdebater from DDO.
Crow
By Crow | Aug 28 2016 11:13 AM
Famousdebater: Obviously it has increased, but only because of false diagnosing.

If a kid fidgets with a pencil in school, they prescribe him with ADHD medication.
Famousdebater
By Famousdebater | Aug 28 2016 11:15 AM
Crow: Why do you buy the "fake diagnosing" theory over the simple theory that there has been an increase in children with these mental disorders (who have been called properly diagnosed)?
Famousdebater from DDO.
Famousdebater
By Famousdebater | Aug 28 2016 11:16 AM
Crow: Ignore the "called" in my previous post.
Famousdebater from DDO.
Crow
By Crow | Aug 28 2016 11:18 AM
Famousdebater: I have tourettes.

I have encountered countless "educated" doctors. All it takes for a diagnosis is an opinion written on paper.

I got falsely diagnosed and prescribed medication for years. It screwed me over, because it actually made my tourettes worst.
Famousdebater
By Famousdebater | Aug 28 2016 11:21 AM
Crow: Your post doesn't make sense. You make the claim that you have tourettes and that you were falsely diagnosed in the same post.
Famousdebater from DDO.
Famousdebater
By Famousdebater | Aug 30 2016 11:12 PM

Maybe these people have actual, disorders. A more rational way to look at it is that the number of people with mental health illnesses have actually increased.
Famousdebater from DDO.