EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Opinions that shock people

< Return to subforum
Page: 1234567Most Recent
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Aug 13 2016 8:52 AM
admin: 1. I think the USA is the worst country in the world overall
Wow, you must really hate it then. You would move to Honduras before you would move to the U.S.?
4. I believe we should try to abolish the need to work
Not gonna happen, unless robots take over(making us worse off). Working is good for us.
5. I oppose same-sex schooling
Wow, so shocking!
6. I love the idea of government but I hate most governments
Yeah, representative democracy is one worth mentioning. Just plain terrible.
7. I think Keynes was mostly right
Right about what? Did he predict something in the past?
Thumbs up from:
Crow
By Crow | Aug 13 2016 9:04 AM
Bi0Hazard: Yeah, representative democracy is one worth mentioning. Just plain terrible.

Hallelujah brother!

Direct democracy is essentially the majority ruling over the minority. One layer of bullshit.

Representative democracy is the majority electing a minority to rule in the name of the majority. Two layers of bullshit.
The ADB committee just changed its policy on 8/28/2016
No communication with admin. Ever.
admin
By admin | Aug 13 2016 9:11 AM
Bi0Hazard: Absolutely.

I don't think robots is how it would look, but if so, let's work towards that!

It's probably even more shocking over here.

Personally I disagree with you there, it's not the concept that's flawed, it's the implementation.

Right in his economic models.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Aug 13 2016 9:13 AM
Crow: You know, you could probably swap around men and women in her post and it would still make a lot of sense. Taking a standard one way does not mean it could not be inverted.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Crow
By Crow | Aug 13 2016 9:15 AM
admin: In everything I said I held men and women to the same standard.

It is impossible to use the correct word choice with third wave feminists.

admin
By admin | Aug 13 2016 9:20 AM
Crow: Ok but so does she. None of these statements are inherently wrong:
Straight females don't know what straight males find satisfying
Women should be 100% supportive of fathers they're in relationships with.
Women objectify men and that's wrong.
Let's revive the forums!
Crow
By Crow | Aug 13 2016 9:21 AM
admin: You would move to Honduras before you would move to the U.S.?
Absolutely.

My god... this is hysterical!

Your privileged and entitled ass wouldn't last a week.

admin
By admin | Aug 13 2016 9:23 AM
Crow: I'd last less time in the US
Let's revive the forums!
Crow
By Crow | Aug 13 2016 9:26 AM
admin: Straight females don't know what straight males find satisfying

That wasn't even a contention made by either of us.

And in the past she has stated that she knows exactly what all men and women like during sex. I had to listen to a whole spiel about how women who have different tastes are lying to themselves.

If you think there isn't differing standards in her arguments, then you clearly haven't followed the entire discussion.
admin
By admin | Aug 13 2016 9:29 AM
Crow: Because she's expressing herself from a female POV. If you say the same but invert the genders, it sounds right to me. Therefore I don't see how it can be denied from a female POV either.
Let's revive the forums!
Crow
By Crow | Aug 13 2016 9:34 AM
admin: I am not expressing myself from a male POV.

I do not pretend to speak for 3.5 billion men. @Jomomma has no trouble speaking for the sexual tastes of 3.5 billion women.

Here is the problem. I have experienced women fanatical about certain fetishes and exotic tastes. Supposedly they are all liars, because the evidence coming from the other side is all based on personal and subjective experience?
admin
By admin | Aug 13 2016 9:38 AM
Crow: I'm not saying you are. To quote a certain bully, "oh great king of strawman".

That doesn't invalidate her experience. So far as her points can be inverted they make total sense.
Let's revive the forums!
Crow
By Crow | Aug 13 2016 9:44 AM
admin: That doesn't invalidate her experience. So far as her points can be inverted they make total sense.

Making generalizations based on narrow-minded individual experiences? So now fallacies are credible arguments?

Nevermind, why am I talking to you....
Krazy
By Krazy | Aug 13 2016 10:15 AM
admin: I think the USA is the worst country in the world overall
Why? That's one of the most outrageous claims I've ever heard. Do you not like it becuase of its military policy, since your a pacifist?
admin
By admin | Aug 13 2016 10:25 AM
Krazy: I don't like the culture. It hates on the poor, the weak and marginalized. Drugs are normal. People put profit before lives. They seek to kill those they don't like. Violence is everywhere, matched only by slavish adherence to a clearly broken value system. Those in power are corrupt. Few concern themselves with the future, seeking temporary power, wealth or fame. Virtually never do you hear about great acts of charity or generosity or any act of kindness in general coming out of the USA, at least in the international press. That those in power seek to bomb other countries is just the icing on the cake.

The only country that comes close in moral degeneracy is North Korea, except that I believe most ordinary North Koreans are actually good people. Most ordinary Americans seem obsessed with guns, drugs, money, and/or saying hateful things about others.
Let's revive the forums!
Crow
By Crow | Aug 13 2016 10:40 AM
Don't take it personally guys.

We wouldn't want another moron thrown into the mix anyways.
Crow
By Crow | Aug 13 2016 10:44 AM
To be fair, it is all true. It is true everywhere though.

It is only noticeable with the US, because the US is a superpower.

Others hate what they do not have. Easy to call out the problems in someone else's nation, and be completely oblivious to the fact that the same problems exist in your own.
admin
By admin | Aug 13 2016 10:56 AM
Crow: Lot of other superpowers I'd gladly prefer.
Let's revive the forums!
Krazy
By Krazy | Aug 13 2016 11:00 AM
admin: A couple things.

You made 21 claims.

1. Provide evidence that every single one is true.

Then,

2. Provide evidence that they don't exist in the same magnitude in other countries.
Thumbs up from:
Krazy
By Krazy | Aug 13 2016 11:10 AM
Something that should be easy to do since it was number 1 on your top 10 list of "Opinions that shock people".
Page: 1234567Most Recent