EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Favourite Board Game?

< Return to subforum
Page: 12Most Recent
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jun 12 2014 12:55 AM
Ticket to Ride.
Apparently its been out a while, but it was a new one for me. Loved it. So fast and easy to learn. Good game is a fast game!
Plus it is one of the very few games my wife will play!
admin
By admin | Jun 12 2014 3:15 PM
nzlockie: I'll need to look into it!

Chess is my #1 by far. Diplomacy would probably be my #2. I'm also a big fan of German-style board games, Civilisation and a few others.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Jun 21 2014 1:25 PM
Further to this, here's a cool ad for a big chess tournament. I've always said that chess needs to sell its current superstars a lot more. Make the chess battles a lot more personal. Make the commentary less boring. I think with ads like this are pointing chess in the right direction.

I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Tophatdoc
By Tophatdoc | Jun 23 2014 8:37 AM
No particular favorite. Here are three I enjoy: Risk, Shogi, or Tammany Hall.
"Don't respond to my posts. Don't read my debates. Don't read my messages. Thanks for reading this message. " A Quote from Tophatdoc
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jun 30 2014 11:37 PM
Tophatdoc: I like risk too. Heard of Risk Legacy? Check THIS out!
At first I was not impressed, but then the more I thought about, the more intrigued I was...

http://www.shutupandsitdown.com/blog/post/retrospective-risk-legacy/
Tophatdoc
By Tophatdoc | Jul 1 2014 1:27 AM
nzlockie: ???

That was piece was written very well. I remember earlier this year when I wanted to buy a RISK board game I came across Risk Legacy(I bought the MGS Risk). I may consider getting Risk Legacy if it is recommended. It seems a bit confusing but I have played far more confusing games.
"Don't respond to my posts. Don't read my debates. Don't read my messages. Thanks for reading this message. " A Quote from Tophatdoc
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jul 7 2014 6:23 PM
nzlockie: Omgosh, I see, "Favorite Board Game?" And I think, "Oh! Ticket to Ride" -_- Twins!
Please excuse me as I'm not super creative when it comes to forum signatures.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jul 7 2014 6:24 PM
Pinkie: It's a fun game to play with OCD people. > :3
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jul 27 2014 5:05 PM
Pinkie: Haha! We had another T2R session yesterday and I'm pleased to report that I was able to add another win to the box.

We also played this game, " Coup ".
It was pretty cool, except we played it about 10 times and I didn't win once. I'd love to blame it on stuff, but basically I think that not only am I not as good at lying as I thought I was, I'm also useless at telling when my family is lying.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jul 28 2014 1:09 PM
nzlockie: I always win T2R and I'm not just saying that. I always string all my routes into one huge Line instead of like 4 smaller ones and then that way I always get the longest destination bonus, I've got all my trains on the board, and I've placed all my trains down.

That sounds really good game, lol, I think it says something good about you if you suck at lying
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jul 28 2014 2:48 PM
Pinkie: Pinkie, we've never met and I hardly know you but I think I can say with absolute certainty that I would KICK YOUR BEHIND at T2R.

My yellow trains stretch from sea to shining sea. My passengers can easily transit from Portland to Miami. Those crazy Frenchies in Saut Saint Marie can effortlessly visit their uncouth cousins in New Orleans with only the slightest of diversions to my hub in Denver.
My railways are claimed with absolute authority and first priority. Just when you think you're making that short connection between Portland and Seattle, I magically pull a single greenie from my hand and send you on your way through Salt Lake and Helena. In the meantime I've extended my route down past LA and picked up the 15 to El Paso.
You're no match for my formidable skills. With a Z.

SkillZ.

Like that.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jul 28 2014 4:51 PM
nzlockie: You probably could kick my arse at T2R, and that's because I've only played it 5 times and my goal is not to win, it's just to make my trains in such a haphazard track that my family feels the need to fix them... But you know my address, if you ever find yourself in my side of the town we'll have to play to the death. JK, my parents would not appreciate me bringing home random strangers off the internet.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jul 28 2014 4:54 PM
Pinkie: lol - I'll remember that.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jul 28 2014 5:16 PM
nzlockie: Really? O.o That's a crazy thing to remember!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jul 28 2014 5:47 PM
Pinkie: I'm a pretty crazy guy...
sea_shell
By sea_shell | Aug 3 2014 5:49 PM
nzlockie: You sure weren't too good at coup. Remember that round when you were out before we'd had two rounds? And remember when i won three times? Good memories.
I'm not sure if I trust anyone who doesn't have their face as their profile.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Aug 3 2014 6:02 PM
sea_shell: So much fun having you on here darl.
sea_shell
By sea_shell | Aug 3 2014 6:03 PM
nzlockie: Challenge
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Aug 4 2014 6:00 AM
sea_shell: This is the best thing ever.
sea_shell
By sea_shell | Aug 4 2014 1:34 PM
Pinkie: Jeremy is probably regretting the multiple times he asked me to join now.
Page: 12Most Recent