EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

I made some things

< Return to subforum
admin
By admin | Dec 5 2017 1:17 PM
Ludum Dare game I mostly made, play it if you want your fingers to get sore:
http://www.edeb8.com/LD40/submission.php
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Mharman
By Mharman | Dec 6 2017 1:49 PM
admin: enemy spawn rate is too high
With Liberty and Justice for all!
Mharman
By Mharman | Dec 7 2017 2:36 AM
admin: REVIEW

First off, the tutorial should never be so easy to die on. This is the level where you learn. And dying to some stupid BS in the tutorial- like stepping on a tile where an enemy died- is not acceptable.

It's also BS that stepping on where those things died hurts you. Due to the limited map and the swarm of enemies, it's easy to die running into those while running away form the swarm. Other times, you'll get trapped by these.

The turret does't fire fast enough to do anything at all. It fires very slowly and is barely a help at all.

The plasma bullets don't even work properly.

Enemies spawn too quickly and you get swarmed easily. I had at least a couple hundred enemies on me within 1 minute.

The fallout shouldn't increase the spawn rate, only the difficulties of the enemies.

There's no levels or any point to this either. You just go as long as you can, which gets boring really easily.

The increased metal price to place down a turret is stupid. When you're getting swarmed, you can't even grab the metal dropped by them.

The gold chest does absolutely nothing.

The healing packets barely heal anything at all. I find myself taking more damage getting one of those instead of just leaving it there. They're also way too rare.

You should be able to hold down the mouse for an autofire- but no.

Finally, the maps are very unengaging and it feels like the same thing every time.

Final score: 1/100
With Liberty and Justice for all!
admin
By admin | Dec 7 2017 8:21 AM
Mharman: I actually thought this was too hard too. I don't like this genre as I usually play strategy games. But my team really wanted to do something more arcade like.

Thanks for your comments :)
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!