EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Edeb8 Tournament Matchings

< Return to subforum
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jan 6 2015 11:57 AM
I randomized the topics me and whiteflame chose, and the participants. Two people were matched up do to one side possibly needing a replacement. Debates must be finished by the 16th, and be more than one round long. There are no other limitations. No unnecessary rules please. The board (me and whiteflame), reserve the right to request modifications on a debate.

Admin vs Unbelievable Time (1)
NZlockie/John vs Wylted (2)
Krit vs Joepbr (3)

Division 1 Topic: The Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries is net beneficial to modern society
Division 2 Topic: That the international community should endorse unilateral climate engineering projects to prevent global warming
Division 3 Topic: The reconstruction forces in Afghanistan should increase financial and military support to local militias in order to combat the Taliban offensive

Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jan 6 2015 12:06 PM
Admin, NZlockie/John, and Krit are affirming of course.
18Karl
By 18Karl | Jan 6 2015 8:49 PM
Blackflag: That topic is almost none-debatable. Reconstruction forces? Those guys are leaving after 31st December '14. Give me something easier to debate, seriously!
"Oi you! Yeah you! How many commies have you shot today"
admin
By admin | Jan 6 2015 9:02 PM
18Karl: Nope, that's definitely debatable. Can confirm.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
18Karl
By 18Karl | Jan 6 2015 9:05 PM
admin: It is a policy debate; policy debate concerns the change of the status quo. However, accordingly to the reconstruction forces's website, they withdrew on NY's day ( http://www.trade.gov/afghanistan/ ). So it would not be a policy debate, but a change concerning a past policy.
admin
By admin | Jan 6 2015 9:07 PM
18Karl: That's the Reconstruction Task Force, as opposed to every force who happen to be involved in some way with reconstruction.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
18Karl
By 18Karl | Jan 6 2015 9:12 PM
admin: The resolution states very clearly " reconstruction forces "
admin
By admin | Jan 6 2015 9:14 PM
18Karl: Yes, and it does not say the Reconstruction Task Force. There is a difference.
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jan 6 2015 9:21 PM
Spare a thought for me and JMK! The round has already started and we haven't even come up with a kick-ass team name yet!

Actually I just thought of one... What about, "JMKick-ass"?!

I just thought of another one... " Interrobang". That's awesome. That's going to be the name of my next band.
18Karl
By 18Karl | Jan 6 2015 9:28 PM
admin: hmph, good point. I'll debate it!
Thumbs up from:
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jan 6 2015 10:48 PM
18Karl: BE sure you start your debate soon
Wylted
By Wylted | Jan 7 2015 3:31 AM
How do you advance? Is this round robin or something?
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jan 7 2015 6:31 AM
Wylted: It's just two rounds of knock out. Short and sweet. Win your first round and you're through.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jan 7 2015 7:33 AM
nzlockie: Since it is Deux, the eliminates can continue competing in round 2 for third place.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jan 7 2015 7:34 AM
Blackflag: but they do not have too
admin
By admin | Jan 9 2015 3:49 PM
So...

Who's my opponent? http://www.edeb8.com/debate/The+Organization+of+Petroleum+Exporting+Countries+is+net+beneficial+to+modern+society/
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jan 9 2015 4:08 PM
admin: We are seeing about bsh1.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jan 9 2015 4:31 PM
Blackflag: Give him a bye to the final. He can be like the boss you have to defeat at the end of the level.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jan 9 2015 4:36 PM
nzlockie: Sorry, I am desperate. I'm sure the rest of you will rise to the challenge.
admin
By admin | Jan 9 2015 6:56 PM
Blackflag: Offline reply to chat: Of course I'm cool with that.
Let's revive the forums!