EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Advance Date for New Years Tournament

< Return to subforum
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jan 5 2015 7:12 AM
Me and whiteflame will be busy selecting topics for the round of six, but given sign ups happened so fast, we should probably advance the tournaments. I want to make sure that an advance in the tournament wont interfere with anyone's schedule. I need to know if these people will be free to participate in the tournament between now and February 14th...
- Admin
- Joepbr
- UnbelievableTime
- Johnmaynardkeynes
- NZlockie
- Krit

Backup debaters are encouraged to announce their intentions, just in case something prevents one of the signees from participating. The board will value all suggestions for the tournament.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jan 5 2015 7:16 AM
btw, I'm thinking of having some kind of small reward for this tournament. Any suggestions?
JohnMaynardKeynes
By JohnMaynardKeynes | Jan 5 2015 7:54 AM
Blackflag: I anticipate that I will be able to participate, but that may change as the semester begins--so, if there is someone willing to take my place, that would be quite helpful for him or her to step forward.
~JohnMaynardKeynes
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jan 5 2015 8:15 AM
I'm away between Jan 13th and Jan 25th. I probably won't be able to do much during that time. Should be good after that though.
If this interferes with anyone else, than I'm also happy for someone else to step in for me.

admin
By admin | Jan 5 2015 9:16 AM
Blackflag: I'm always available ;)
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jan 5 2015 10:38 AM
nzlockie: The round of 6 will probably conclude before January 15th-16th if the advance in this tournament will actually happen. Round 2 will be knock out rounds, meaning 1 of the 3 debaters will be eliminated. I'm estimating this will be finished sometime before February. The final rounds for first and third place will be much more flexible.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jan 5 2015 10:41 AM
nzlockie: NZlockie, I'm willing to allow you to run with a partner, meaning you wouldn't be out of the tournament, but would have a replacement ready to help if you are gone for round 2. Of course I will ask whiteflame if this is cool with him.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jan 5 2015 10:41 AM
JohnMaynardKeynes: Same thing I told NZlockie. It might be wise to search for a backup.
Forfeits are something I'm trying to absolutely avoid.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jan 5 2015 11:40 AM
Blackflag: Pair me up against Admin in the first round, that way I'm guaranteed to not make the second!

Haha jk, I'd smash him. ;)

Happy to roll with whatever. White flame might like to take my place instead. There'll be other tournies!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jan 5 2015 11:42 AM
nzlockie: Whiteflame is participating on the board. I'm cool if he wants to leave to join the tournament though.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jan 5 2015 11:45 AM
nzlockie: So I think I have a solution. You will be here for the round of six. John will have trouble being here fore the second round. Maybe you guys can partner up for the tournament. I certainly do not see a problem with that.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jan 5 2015 12:17 PM
Blackflag: That's cool with me, although when I read JMK's comment it sounds like it was the second round he wasn't sure about?
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jan 5 2015 2:40 PM
JMK and I have agreed to do this thing as a tag-team. I'll be doing the first round and, assuming we make it, he'll pick it up in the second round.

The only thing is, I am leaving in just under a week, (remember, I'm a day ahead of y'all) so unless you post the matchups and topics in the next 24hrs, I'm not sure there'll be enough time to complete it.

Sorry, I wouldn't have signed up had it not been for the fact that it wasn't starting til Feb 4th... maybe it's best for me to drop out?
whiteflame
By whiteflame | Jan 5 2015 2:52 PM
nzlockie: We do actually have the first round topics set, so it will likely start within that time... so long as we get one more person.
Wylted
By Wylted | Jan 6 2015 11:31 AM
I'm in
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jan 6 2015 11:46 AM
Wylted: If wylted is in the we can start