About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

REQUEST FOR NZLOCKIE

< Return to subforum
Darth Vitiosus
By Darth Vitiosus | Nov 16 2014 12:57 PM

WITHDRAW YOUR VOTE FROM THIS DEBATE

http://www.edeb8.com/debate/God+is+Not+Good/

Nzlockie,
Clearly you didn't read the rules before voting.

#1. No Sources allowed.
#2. The Burden of Proof is shared.

Nzlockie:
There was no attempt to prove these suppositions as fact,
It didn't clearly relate to anything previously stated and yet on it's own it was a completely unsupported statement.

Clearly, you didn't read the rules. Please refrain from voting if you don't want to read the rules.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Nov 16 2014 1:12 PM
Not an appropriate place to bring this up IMO. We have judge comments now.
Thumbs up from:
Darth Vitiosus
By Darth Vitiosus | Nov 16 2014 1:14 PM
I am puzzled to how the heck you were unblocked by me because I definitely did not unblock you. But you have been blocked again and that will still that way.
Darth Vitiosus
By Darth Vitiosus | Nov 16 2014 1:17 PM
Darth Vitiosus: REPHRASING: I am puzzled to how the why you were unblocked by me because I do not recall unblocking you.You were blocked and will remain blocked.
Darth Vitiosus
By Darth Vitiosus | Nov 16 2014 1:18 PM
Darth Vitiosus: #2 REPHRASING

I am puzzled to why you were unblocked by me because I do not recall unblocking you.You were blocked and will remain blocked.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Nov 16 2014 1:19 PM
Do we need to try that again?
I am puzzled to why you were unblocked, because I do not recall unblocking you.You were blocked and will remain blocked.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Nov 16 2014 4:48 PM
Darth Vitiosus: Fair call, I'll withdraw it. Sorry about that!
If I have time, I'll reevaluate it if you like.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Nov 16 2014 4:53 PM
OK, looks like I can't withdraw it, I can only edit it.
Leave it with me and I promise I'll change it before judging is over.

Sorry again.
Darth Vitiosus
By Darth Vitiosus | Nov 17 2014 12:12 AM
nzlockie: Thanks.

You can judge the debate but please just read the rules next time.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Nov 17 2014 10:11 AM
OK Kids, I've re-worded my judgement.

Please note that the rules state no sources are allowed. This is different to no evidence. You can still support your statement with evidence, you just can't tell us where it comes from. (Why, I'm not sure)

If you make a statement like, "the sky is red" then you have to expect that it's going to be less convincing than, "Scientists at DSIR tell us the sky is red".
Sources have not been cited for either of these statements, yet one sounds more supported than the other.

Also, if you make a statement which can be reasonably expected to confusea judge, it's a good idea to explain it a little more.
If I were to say, "White is Black", that stands unsupported and it would not be unreasonable for the average person to miss the truth. White is clearly different to Black. If you are telling me otherwise, you should support that.
If I say, "White and Black are opposite ends of the same spectrum" it conveys the message more clearly. It's now been supported with a qualifier.

When I made those statements in my initial judgement, that's more what I was referring to.
Darth Vitiosus
By Darth Vitiosus | Nov 17 2014 10:32 AM

***FACE PALM***
(Packs bags)......I am going back to DDO until my debate begins here.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Nov 17 2014 10:44 AM
Bye