EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

WODC PRIZEGIVING/RESULTS

< Return to subforum
admin
By admin | Sep 26 2014 5:27 PM
Awesome tournament! Was fun to organize.

BEST DEBATER

After an exciting tournament, here are your top 5 debaters in the inaugural online debate cup:

1bsh1 (DDO)
2Ajabi (DDO)
3nzlockie(Edeb8)
49spaceking (DDO)
5Krit(Edeb8)

bsh1 and Ajabi will have a final to determine the overall winner. Congratulations also to the runners up: 9spaceking came very close after almost having an upset win over bsh1 in the final round, Krit was looking remarkably strong until the later rounds, and nzlockie staged a remarkable comeback in the last few rounds to almost make the final. Well done also to cooldudebro, who ended placing respectably despite starting late, and really to all debaters who didn't drop out, as everyone finished with 2 or more win points.

Ajabi will be affirming the topic in the final. The final will be held on edeb8.

The full draw/results can be seen on the official tournament website: http://www.edeb8.com/tournament/

BEST JUDGE

Congratulations to our best judge of the tournament, Whiteflame (DDO)! bladerunner060 (DDO) placed a very close second. I see this as DDO's voting strategy in action, which is great. Thanks to everybody who voted.

The following also deserve credit for multiple votes in the tournament: YYW, Cooldudebro, 9spaceking and Ragnar.

BEST SITE

Average final position of contestants from each participating site (lower is better :(
DDO average = 7.5
Edeb8 average = 6.2

Well done to edeb8 for winning best site by over an entire place! DDO had the odds stacked against them after a large number of drop-outs, and nzlockie's spectacular comeback basically sealed DDO's fate here. Better luck next year DDO!
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
sea_shell
By sea_shell | Sep 26 2014 8:13 PM
Nzlockie was my favourite.
I'm not sure if I trust anyone who doesn't have their face as their profile.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Sep 26 2014 11:22 PM
sea_shell: Thanks darl. Nearly had it too! If it weren't for a certain vote bomb... ;)

Nice work admin, nice work everyone. Good luck to the finalists!
sea_shell
By sea_shell | Sep 27 2014 6:24 AM
Nzlockie was my favourite.
I'm not sure if I trust anyone who doesn't have their face as their profile.