EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Any Ideas to expand edeb8?

< Return to subforum
Page: 12Most Recent
DTinfinity
By DTinfinity | Mar 26 2014 1:34 PM
Does anyone have any ideas on how to expand edeb8? I really like this site and think it would be great if we could get more people around here.
Edeb8 revolution!
admin
By admin | Mar 26 2014 6:47 PM
DTinfinity: I've been asking myself this question for almost 5 months now. Lots of people say it will naturally grow with time, and I have seen a modest month-to-month trend of more visitors. But I'm very interested in hearing people's ideas.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Nerd Politico
By Nerd Politico | Mar 26 2014 9:58 PM
Email school debate teams.
Tophatdoc
By Tophatdoc | Mar 26 2014 10:12 PM
admin: I don't think the problem is expanding, at least not currently. I think the focus should be on building a community. The people who come to visit, they leave ultimately. The appropriate question is, how to make them want to stay?
"Don't respond to my posts. Don't read my debates. Don't read my messages. Thanks for reading this message. " A Quote from Tophatdoc
admin
By admin | Mar 26 2014 10:16 PM
Tophatdoc: How to make people stay is pretty much the same question as how to make the site grow. Still as I've previously said, our retention rates are actually pretty OK. 25.5% of accounts on the site have logged in in the past week.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Mar 26 2014 10:16 PM
Nerd Politico: And tell them what?
Let's revive the forums!
Nerd Politico
By Nerd Politico | Mar 27 2014 12:56 AM
admin: That this is a good practice opportunity for their debaters.
admin
By admin | Mar 27 2014 12:59 AM
Nerd Politico: Hmmm - well, I guess it can't hurt to make them all aware of it. Is there a handy mailing list somewhere in the US for this sort of thing or do I actually have to not be lazy for once?
Let's revive the forums!
Tophatdoc
By Tophatdoc | Mar 27 2014 8:25 AM
admin: I think if you want to an adequate debating community that this has been a good start thus far. Trolls=0, thank goodness. Overtime more people will come. I think this site has many features which many have yet to discover. The only thing this site lacks is a constant presence of online discussion by various people.
"Don't respond to my posts. Don't read my debates. Don't read my messages. Thanks for reading this message. " A Quote from Tophatdoc
Pinkie
By Pinkie | May 1 2014 3:25 PM
Tophatdoc: There have been troll debates, and at one time Benchy signed up and he's a troll.
Please excuse me as I'm not super creative when it comes to forum signatures.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | May 5 2014 6:29 PM
Hey Lars - just wondering, have you ever personally shown Edeb8 to a high school debate club? Or to a Home school co-op?

Would it be cool if I did? I'd be especially interested to hear what kind of feedback I'd get from some of the Home Schooling families around here...
admin
By admin | May 5 2014 6:52 PM
nzlockie: There are home school co-op!? Huh, I thought all homeschoolers just did their own thing.

Of course it would be cool if you did! I've shown it to a few of the boys I used to coach, and to some of my university buddies whom I know also do a lot of coaching.
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | May 5 2014 7:55 PM
admin: There's totes home school co-ops! Usually families get together on a fairly regular basis. It helps to share resources and there are some subjects that are better with more people, like sport.

I've even done a couple of vexillology classes for our local one!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | May 6 2014 4:50 AM
admin: Yeah, I do one for band and another for random stuff.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | May 6 2014 8:34 AM
Pinkie: you're in a band? What do you play?
Pinkie
By Pinkie | May 6 2014 8:35 AM
nzlockie: Guess.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | May 6 2014 8:54 AM
Pinkie: OK - I don't think it's Piano or Guitar, although it wouldn't surprise me if you can play those a little.

If you play an instrument, I'm going to go with Flute, Sax, Cello - in that order.
I'm not sure I see you as a singer though, so I'm going to say that if you don't play an instrument you do the sound desk.

Pinkie
By Pinkie | May 6 2014 8:57 AM
nzlockie: I play the flute and a little piano and clarinet.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | May 6 2014 9:12 AM
Pinkie: Haha - pretty good right!

Pinkie
By Pinkie | May 6 2014 9:18 AM
nzlockie: Pretty decent. Must be intuitive,
Page: 12Most Recent