EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

DDO Historic Debates Initiative

< Return to subforum
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Jun 30 2017 7:14 AM
If this goes ahead, it'll be a part of the ongoing "DDO Transfer" initiative.
I need one guy to volunteer, and I'll be the other guy. We'll find some good debates from DDO history (after the Site's working again, of course) and then re-do them word for word here. Particularly noteworthy debates would be favored, though mere good debates could be done as well.
For instance, let's say there was a famous debate on DDO titled "Apple John is the best unicorn" done by two users named larzthewinner and MinisculeDump.
In this scenario, the other volunteer takes on the role of larzthewinner, whereas I'd take on the role of MinisculeDump. All of larzthewinner's rounds would be copied and pasted by the other volunteer, and all of MinisculeDump's rounds would be copied and pasted by me.
At the very beginning of the debate, some basic information about the original debate would be given, such as the usernames of the original two participants, as well as who won the original debate. No one would vote on this copied and pasted debate.

To be clear, this thread and the proposal contained within is only valid if current plans do NOT allow for preserving the basic content of the historic debates of migrating DDOers.
admin
By admin | Jul 1 2017 9:20 PM
Dassault Papillon: The tricky part is that Google might still penalize us for having duplicate content.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Ragnar
By Ragnar | Jul 3 2017 9:46 AM
There could also be legalities...While I don't think Juggle has a greater claim to any content than the content generators, others have no claim at all. If the original people involved want it, I doubt it would be an issue, but without their involvement (at least them requesting it), I could imagine some problems down the line.