EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Remainder of the updates

< Return to subforum
admin
By admin | Oct 22 2016 11:08 PM
So, in addition to that password stuff I mentioned before, I've also changed a lot of things with teams.

Teams are cooler
Like groups, teams can now have custom backgrounds. For both groups and teams, using the transparent profile option now works the same as with profiles.

Also like groups, teams can now use the rich text editor when writing their "about" section.

In addition, teams now have private shoutboxes which are available for team members only.

They also display more information about members, and allow team creators to send a message to all members, like groups.

This should help fix a longstanding problem where groups had lots of development put into them, and that kinda left teams relatively fallen behind. Hopefully we can get some more team activity now!

There's still work to be done - for example you can't at-tag in team status updates - but still I hope it's a start.

Visual and Bug fixes
There were a ton of these as always.

Notably, the messages section is now cleaned up somewhat.

More needs to be done to get the site look acceptable on mobile. Yes I know. If you're really having problems, try browsing the site in desktop mode for the time being. Use the "Force Desktop" link at the bottom of every page to do this. This is not new - it has been there for ages, it's just good to remind people it's there.

Questions? Problems?
Let me know :)

More Suggestions?
See the feature request and bug tracker - link at the bottom of the page.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Kohai
By Kohai | Oct 23 2016 3:36 AM
admin: Thank you once again!

(PS: I love the pumpkins in the logo!)
Assistant Edeb8 Mod. PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns!