EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Mod Update

< Return to subforum
admin
By admin | Oct 21 2016 6:53 PM
Hey all!

This weekend I'm going to be making an update to edeb8 which will improve a couple of features. Part of this is a security update that I want to make which will help better protect your passwords.

Once this is done, I am officially appointing @Kohai to the position of moderator. I had a lot of interest in the position from very qualified candidates, who I hope will remain active and committed to the site. Kohai impressed me with his ability to ask questions critically and had some understanding of the terms of use.

As moderator he will be able to help you with:
1. Issues regarding your account
2. Removing ban warning notices
3. Issues with other members
4. Removing flagged / inappropriate content
5. Responding to general questions about the site or debating

I can still do all that stuff too, it might just take longer. In addition to that I can help with more technical issues should they arise, as always, so continue to direct bug reports to me or better yet file them on the "Features+Bugs" tracker (link available at the bottom of every page).

More information about the update to follow :)
Thumbs up from:
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Kohai
By Kohai | Oct 22 2016 2:50 AM
admin: Thank you @admin. It is a pleasure to join the edeb8 team.
Assistant Edeb8 Mod. PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Oct 22 2016 10:20 AM
admin: Sounds great!
I will consider asking @Kohai as well if I have a question about the site. I don't know if he will be on as often as you though.
Kohai
By Kohai | Oct 22 2016 10:54 AM
Bi0Hazard: I will try to be on throughout the day. I typically will try to respond within 12-24 hours. I'm pretty quick with responding.
admin
By admin | Oct 22 2016 11:59 AM
Kohai: Here's a first tip. Don't at-tag and put punctuation right after the tag. It doesn't work because punctuation can also be part of a username. That would have tagged "admin." if there was such a user, not "admin".
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Kohai
By Kohai | Oct 22 2016 12:02 PM
admin: Thanks!!