EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Team Debate

< Return to subforum
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Jun 28 2016 8:36 AM
@admin
I was trying to make a team debate but when I clicked on "start debate", it just went back to the blank "start a new debate" page.

People seem to be craving a team debate on this site, so I am planning on making THE BIG DEBATE everyone is waiting for.
Here is the title: THE BIG DEBATE: Will Hillary Clinton(PRO) or Donald Trump(CON) win the U.S. presidential election?
This could also be an opportunity to fix the bugs of team debates.
admin
By admin | Jun 28 2016 8:44 AM
Bi0Hazard: Will look into this soon and get back to you.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Crow
By Crow | Jun 28 2016 9:24 AM
@admin

The error has to do with not having enough members for the selected rounds. This is something you said to have fixed, but I reported in the past that it was still broken.
The ADB committee just changed its policy on 8/28/2016
No communication with admin. Ever.
admin
By admin | Jun 28 2016 9:28 AM
Crow: 1) This generates a small message at the top
2) As they say in computer science, t's not a bug, it's a feature. You need to check a box if you want this - I can only presume the debate was set up correctly, otherwise there is nothing to fix.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Crow
By Crow | Jun 28 2016 9:34 AM
admin: Yeah, that fixes it.

This is a fine example of why hiding options is a problem. I think there is every reason to keep all options visible, without having to select advanced options.

The complaint that the amount of customization was overwhelming is quite ridiculous in my opinion, especially since most of them are cool and are unknown about (probably because they are kept hidden)
Crow
By Crow | Jun 28 2016 9:36 AM
@admin

You know, it wouldn't hurt either if the site was more vocal about all the unique debating options Edeb8 has over other sites. If anything, that is what sets the site apart, especially since there is a confusing psuedo-social image going on.