EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Noob questions

< Return to subforum
Ragnar
By Ragnar | Jun 18 2015 5:11 AM
So I've decided to sample debating here (if I particularly like it, I'll ensure I lose early on to avoid a certain problem I had elsewhere).

As it progresses I will probably have more questions, but first of all what does No reply speeches mean?

http://www.edeb8.com/debate/That+the+use+of+drones+in+warfare+should+be+condemned%5Cn
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 18 2015 7:40 AM
Ragnar: Reply Speeches are a summary and conclusion round with half the characters and the order reversed
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 18 2015 7:42 AM
The other predominant feature here is cross examination, but you also have that turned off on your debate.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 18 2015 7:44 AM
@admin - you think we could add more special rounds like Cx and Reply Speeches? They make debates a lot more inter.esting. I know we discussed the idea of a Public Forum variant transformed into a round, and I also brought up the idea of a in-debate coach feedback round.
admin
By admin | Jun 18 2015 11:44 AM
Blackflag: Leave it for the feature request tracker.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Jun 18 2015 11:45 AM
Ragnar: As @Stag said, a reply speech comes after your main round and has a few unique features based on many RL formats such as World Schools.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Ragnar
By Ragnar | Jun 18 2015 8:13 PM
admin: Sounds like an awesome feature. If I start any debates here, I will be very likely to use it (the one I'm in was randomly generated).