EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

WODC2015 Sign Ups

< Return to subforum
admin
By admin | Apr 30 2015 1:18 PM
This year, the WODC is bigger and better than ever. This year, a (probably new) champion of online debating will be crowned. This year, it could be you. Get excited.

The World Online Debate Cup has an extra-long sign-up period that runs throughout the entire month. This is to ensure that everyone can get familiar with the tournament and prepared for it before it begins.

The WODC keeps getting bigger and better. This year's tournament will feature:

> All the great things that made last year's tournament so awesome - like our popular "odds" feature
> Round 2 is now going to be power-paired for better opponent matching
> Quick, easy & tested Australs topic selection
> New topic mailing system
> Useful high-quality tournament guide
> Revised & improved rules
> High-quality topics agreed on by our world-class judging core of Whiteflame and Larz
> More breaks to reduce burnout that happened in the previous tournament

Don't forget, you need to sign up at http://www.edeb8.com/wodc2015/ ! Signing up in this thread is not enough. However, if you do sign up, it would be nice to post in this thread so people can see who is competing!

On the official site you can also find:
> Tournament updates/news
> As the tournament begins, the current draw, odds, predictions etc (including, for the first time, additional tournament data such as site average position)
> A discussion feed so you can talk about the tournament
> The official tournament guide

READ THE GUIDE IF YOU WANT TO COMPETE, especially the parts about how to do topic selection and about what settings to use when setting up debates (it's not hard, just requires a small amount of light reading).

Good luck everybody, and make Edeb8 proud!
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
JohnMaynardKeynes
By JohnMaynardKeynes | Apr 30 2015 2:02 PM
Just signed up! Looking forward to this.
~JohnMaynardKeynes
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
RXR.
By RXR. | May 1 2015 2:31 AM
I'm in. Hopefully I'll face imabench. lawl.
R.I.P RXR
2015-2015
Tejretics
By Tejretics | May 1 2015 4:00 AM
Signed up, but representing DDO :P
I'm attempting to be #1 Judge and #1 forum poster here.
admin
By admin | May 1 2015 10:03 AM
Tejretics: Meh, JMK is too lol. Lots of DDO loyalists around :)
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | May 1 2015 10:10 AM
So far we've got 4 from DDO and 2 from Edeb8
Let's revive the forums!
RXR.
By RXR. | May 1 2015 12:46 PM
Tejretics: Traitor.
R.I.P RXR
2015-2015