EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Badges Feature

< Return to subforum
admin
By admin | Mar 27 2015 10:55 PM
Hey y'all, I'm testing out a new feature.

Don't run for cover just yet! It's safely contained only to my profile for now. You can see it in action by looking underneath my statistics box (that thing to the left, underneath my profile pic). I spent ages drawing those little shields!

Basically the idea is that it's a kind of badge system, where you gain shields through doing stuff on the site. I've only made 5 types of shields so far. It would be quite easy to add more kinds of shields and perhaps other kinds of badges too. What sort of things would you like to see? :)
Thumbs up from:
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Mar 28 2015 4:27 PM
admin: I like it!
Thumbs up from:
admin
By admin | Mar 30 2015 11:45 AM
Badges have now been rolled out around the site! Also working on a notification if you earn a new badge level.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Mar 31 2015 9:32 AM
admin: It looks like I am the second most decorated member after the great admin. How many badges are there?
Thumbs up from:
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Mar 31 2015 12:15 PM
Blackflag: Ahem.

And there are five.
Thumbs up from:
admin
By admin | Mar 31 2015 3:35 PM
nzlockie: To be fair, 1/5 is only attainable by being me.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Apr 11 2015 2:22 PM
Badge notifications should now be active. You'll get a little message whenever you earn a new badge.
Let's revive the forums!