EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Top 5 Highlights of the Obama Administration

< Return to subforum
Darth Vitiosus
By Darth Vitiosus | Oct 7 2014 12:12 PM
1. The Tea Party Moment

"Why don't you put up a website to have people vote on the Internet as a referendum to see if we really want to subsidize the losers' mortgages, or would we like to at least buy cars and buy houses in foreclosure and give them to people that might have a chance to actually prosper down the road and reward people that could carry the water instead of drink the water." -Rick Santelli

2. Healthcare

“Can you say it was done openly, with transparency and accountability? Without backroom deals, and struck behind closed doors, hidden from the people?”-House Speaker John Boehner (Don't we all know this one is true)

3.The Return to Iraq

"I Said I'd End The War In Iraq - I Ended It"-President Barack Obama(OOPS! )

4. The Government Shutdown

"Once again it appears the Washington establishment is refusing to listen to the American people"-Senator Ted Cruz(I Didn't know he was the voice of America)

5. Occupy Wall Street AKA stinky weirdos out in parks(I know I personally saw)

admin
By admin | Oct 7 2014 12:28 PM
Darth Vitiosus: To be fair, and I don't necessarily defend Obama, but Obama didn't really cause these things. These were mostly retaliations to his policy by other politicians.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Oct 7 2014 12:34 PM
admin: People act like President Obama makes the legislation in this country.
If you have a problem with America Darth Vitious, look to the people you're electing.

To my knowledge, the conservatives control the upper house, IE, the government.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Oct 7 2014 12:36 PM
The only thing one can actually criticize Obama for, right or wrong, is "Executive Order in Libya", "Executive Order in Afghanistan", "Affordable Care Act"
Those are the only three things he actually did while in power....
Darth Vitiosus
By Darth Vitiosus | Oct 7 2014 12:37 PM
admin: I never said he caused any of these moments. I just said they are the highlights of the administration; at least thus far.
Darth Vitiosus
By Darth Vitiosus | Oct 7 2014 12:39 PM
Blackflag: I never said who I liked. You are also wrong; conservatives control the lower house. I should start listening to RM.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Oct 7 2014 12:40 PM
Darth Vitiosus: Oh, if only the progressives had won in 1912, America would be the perfect one party liberal state.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Oct 7 2014 12:41 PM
Darth Vitiosus: TBF, the upper house and lower house in America have the same amount of power.
admin
By admin | Oct 7 2014 12:42 PM
Darth Vitiosus: Not really highlights of his administration then. More like memorable moments of the American government while Obama was president.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Darth Vitiosus
By Darth Vitiosus | Oct 7 2014 12:43 PM
admin: Possibly, he won't be remembered a millenia from now anyways.
admin
By admin | Oct 7 2014 12:44 PM
Darth Vitiosus: I think he has a decent chance of being remembered. Even minor kings and such from 1000 years ago are remembered.
Let's revive the forums!
Darth Vitiosus
By Darth Vitiosus | Oct 7 2014 12:51 PM
admin: Perhaps by historians and other such connoisseurs. That is it. Sort of how one member of this site attempted to tell me Anglo-Saxon wasn't a language. Ignorance will always prevail amongst things easily forgettable.
admin
By admin | Oct 7 2014 12:52 PM
Darth Vitiosus: Who do you think will be remembered from today?
Let's revive the forums!
Darth Vitiosus
By Darth Vitiosus | Oct 7 2014 1:04 PM
admin: in a democracy? Most likely no public official since most elected officials who are replaceable since they are elected based on intentions versus merit and accomplishments. President Obama or Prime Minister Cameron or Chancellor Merkel could be shot, killed, and replaced with relative ease. They themselves, personally don't contribute a single thing to their countries success or failure because they alone are not responsible for it. They are merely extensions of the people that elected them.Therefore, there are many who could replace any of them.

Henry Kissinger pointed out how Westerners tend to be over fascinated with personalities at the wrong times because many leaders are just standard bearers,no one of importance or noteworthy. Only dictators and other such aggressive figures tend to have looming shadows because they personally assume most of the responsibilty for success and failure. The best example is Gaius Julius Caesar's influence(Kaiser, Tsar, and other names are based off of him long after his death).
admin
By admin | Oct 7 2014 1:07 PM
Darth Vitiosus: I respectfully disagree. Homer is remembered as the author of the Illiad/Odyssey and he was a blind poet from long before Caesar.
Let's revive the forums!
Darth Vitiosus
By Darth Vitiosus | Oct 7 2014 1:13 PM
admin: And who is he remembered by? That is my point; you will only be to point out connoisseurs. Don't mention Homer as a name please. Majority of naming conventions tend to be unorthodox according to statistics. Meaning most people don't know the meaning or origin of the names they give their children.
admin
By admin | Oct 7 2014 1:21 PM
Darth Vitiosus: I think Homer would be at least as well known as Caesar. I think Shakespeare will still be taught in a thousand years as well. Literature really does endure because good stories retain their relevance.
Let's revive the forums!
Darth Vitiosus
By Darth Vitiosus | Oct 7 2014 1:22 PM
admin: I agree about Shakespeare. I am not so sure about Homer though.
admin
By admin | Oct 7 2014 1:34 PM
Darth Vitiosus: He's still taught today around here. One of my scholarship essays was on the Iliad. Qualifications authority paid me $500 for that essay.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Oct 7 2014 9:37 PM
admin: Odyssey is taught in some school districts.