EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Privatization of national air

< Return to subforum
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Jun 24 2015 1:33 PM
The big problem with the air is that it's a free-for-all. Pollutants being released in Australia may have a direct effect on Canada and so forth. It doesn't matter how clean you are; somebody else may dirty the air.
I propose an alternate system: one where the air within one nation only pollutes that nation and the same air doesn't circulate everywhere.

What I propose is an "air guard" system where nations may "hold in" their own air. That nation's government would control the process; if they manage it well either by reducing pollutant activity or by employing atmospheric filtering technology (which I'm sure will be invented soon), then that nation will have clean air. Of course, we all already know what mismanagement would result in.

What do you think? This way one nation's heavy consumerism would only affect its own air.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jun 24 2015 4:18 PM
Dassault Papillon: And what does an Air guard look like?

How do you make one without causing massive dissruption to Earth's weather systems?
admin
By admin | Jun 24 2015 4:26 PM
Dassault Papillon: I think the third world would hate you for it. Poor nations can't afford better air control systems.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 24 2015 4:31 PM
It sounds far fetched