EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Global Conceptual Language

< Return to subforum
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Jul 18 2016 7:04 AM
When discussing a language of the future, people often assume that there will be one verbal or textual language spoken by all people. After all, for all of human human history we have communicated either through audible sounds or through visible symbols. I would like to raise a third category of communication, however: conceptual language. After the neuroconnective computer is developed and made commonplace, eventually it will be possible for people to transmit "concepts" to the brains of other people. These concepts will not necessarily be in the form of sounds, symbols, or visual representations. Rather, it will be the transmission of a subconscious understanding of a concept to someone else's brain. This will be the language of the future, and it will replace all existing human languages, even English.
Crow
By Crow | Jul 18 2016 7:27 AM
Dassault Papillon: You go to most places and there are plenty who speak English.

The places where that isn't the case, you can usually find some other European language that resulted from colonization.

Languages still have a lot of cultural importance, and people take a lot of pride in their native languages. Replacing other langues would be a bad idea, but promoting the further education of world languages is a great idea.
The ADB committee just changed its policy on 8/28/2016
No communication with admin. Ever.
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Jul 18 2016 7:33 AM
Crow: In our increasingly globalised world, practicality (ease of communication) will eventually trump idealism ("we love our language").
Crow
By Crow | Jul 18 2016 8:05 AM
Dassault Papillon: Hopefully not.

I see that as the increasing downfall of our humanity.
The ADB committee just changed its policy on 8/28/2016
No communication with admin. Ever.
admin
By admin | Jul 19 2016 1:44 PM
Dassault Papillon: Why can't you have both?
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!