EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

New initiative - themed weekdays

< Return to subforum
admin
By admin | Jul 27 2016 3:35 PM
Hi gang! Something new. Check it out:

Member Monday - Mondays are the days we thank our awesome community members and give shoutouts to them. Some of the things we do on Member Mondays are thank people for their help, debate vote, argument, or any contribution really to the site. Try to aim to thank one person every week!

Philosophy Wednesday - From metaphysics to aesthetics to ethics, this is a day for deep thinking. A new topic will be posted for us all to ponder, and we offer up our reflections on it. Or something more creative would fall under Wednesdays too.

Thursday Q&A - Thursdays are your days for debate-related AMAs. This is your day to ask anything about debate, this site or just anything really to the community at large. We might do things like have regular training sessions on Thursdays and stuff. It's also Theme Thursday, where people can show off their new profile theme if they've changed it, talk about new profile pics etc.

Casual Friday - Every Friday, a new forum game is started! Or just hang out and chat randomly about whatever.

Saturday Science - Science and tech rule Saturdays. Talk about what's new and cool. Discuss scientific discoveries, their ethics, and the future.

Social Sunday - On this day Edeb8 invades the society and current events subforums to discuss a new issue every week. From issues of politics to economics to international affairs, we'll discuss social moots and share our personal opinions on them like we can't do so much in debates.

You guys ready for this? We can start tomorrow! :)

Also not sure what we can do on Tuesday - any ideas?
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Crow
By Crow | Jul 27 2016 3:48 PM
Themed days do not sound like a bad idea, since I have seen stuff like them on other sites.

The ideas presented do not follow the formula I am used to seeing.

Actually I would avoid this, because it seems way too forced.

The ADB committee just changed its policy on 8/28/2016
No communication with admin. Ever.
Crow
By Crow | Jul 27 2016 3:49 PM
I would just have a day once a week where you posts political cartoons.

Or have some kind of non-debating competition or game that updates every week.
admin
By admin | Jul 27 2016 5:50 PM
Crow: How about you do those things on Tuesdays? XD
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Crow
By Crow | Jul 27 2016 11:59 PM
admin: Okay, I got one.

A creativity challenge.

For example, create a board game idea and propose it. Except it would be detailed and shared by the next week.
admin
By admin | Jul 28 2016 12:02 AM
Crow: That sounds fun too :)
Let's revive the forums!