EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

What do people think of Islam in your country?

< Return to subforum
admin
By admin | Jan 17 2017 11:00 PM
Probably one of the most divisive religions. Putting aside your personal views, how do you think Islam is generally perceived where you live?
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Famousdebater
By Famousdebater | Jan 18 2017 10:35 AM
admin: Generally people in the UK aren't openly against Islam - though I know that many friends of mine are opposed to the religion. So if the question is if people are openly against it in the UK, then the answer is no. Though many people that do believe this keep quiet about it due to the controversy surrounding the topic so I'm not sure about the general perception of Islam is.
Famousdebater from DDO.
Krazy
By Krazy | Jan 18 2017 11:05 AM
admin: I don't know. The United States is pretty divided. The historical perception I believe was that it's a cancerous religion and should be avoided. But now, since the US has been straying from its Christian roots for quite a while now, a number of people are starting to welcome it.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Jan 18 2017 3:05 PM
admin: There are different views where I am. Islam may be seen as seen as a violent and dangerous religion or a religion that is not inherently dangerous or violent and misunderstood. Terrorism has influenced much of this view regarding Islam.
Krazy
By Krazy | Jan 18 2017 3:42 PM
admin: What's it like in New Zealand?
admin
By admin | Jan 18 2017 9:34 PM
Krazy: Fairly good, mostly. The average person is pretty liberal over here. My former debate partner was muslim (we won a competition together :) ) and he seemed to be cool with everyone.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Jan 19 2017 9:35 AM
Famousdebater: Isn't there a great number of Muslims in the U.K.?
Famousdebater
By Famousdebater | Jan 22 2017 6:05 AM
Bi0Hazard: Yes, fairly large - which is one of the reasons why opinions against Muslims aren't generally publicly spoken of.
Famousdebater from DDO.
boris7698
By boris7698 | Feb 5 2017 10:47 AM
The general view is that people are afraid to speak against Islam, because their country can't protect their right to free speech. If you are speaking against Islam, you are a signing a death wish.
"You can avoid reality, but you can not avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." -- Ayn Rand