EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Open border policy

< Return to subforum
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Sep 26 2016 5:38 PM
Explain open border policy.
Do you believe we should have it? Why or why not?
Would terrorists inevitably go through the borders and create a huge problem?
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Oct 2 2016 4:57 AM
Bi0Hazard: An unsuccessful forum thread.
Oh well, maybe next time.
admin
By admin | Oct 2 2016 5:42 AM
Bi0Hazard: Sometimes I just miss threads XD

It's not terrorists you need to worry about, it's whether you can actually sustainably house the numbers coming in. If you have empty lots, and somebody wants to live there, then why not... notwithstanding that I believe in quotas and letting the most deserving in first.

I think the biggest injustice with migration in the world, excluding refugee migration, has to be the number of countries that still do an asset test for migration. Being rich should not be a free ticket to go wherever you want.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Oct 2 2016 9:23 AM
admin: There would be absolutely no worrying about terrorists trying to enter the country to kill people?
If all countries had open border policies(the world was completely free to move through), I am pretty sure it may be self correcting. Like if one place became overpopulated, many may leave and go somewhere else.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Oct 2 2016 9:24 AM
admin: Well, its not like the huge border security has prevented it anyways.
admin
By admin | Oct 2 2016 4:14 PM
Bi0Hazard: No because of property values. People get trapped in slums where houses are worthless. Meanwhile speculators artificially inflate the prices elsewhere. It would only be self-correcting if you ignore scarcity.

Terrorists can come from anywhere, home or abroad. Open borders have little marginal impact on that.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!