EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Feminism and LGBT rights

< Return to subforum
Page: 1234Most Recent
admin
By admin | Aug 16 2016 5:25 PM
Bi0Hazard: create opportunities for them, for one. How those look might depend on the specific obstacle.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Aug 17 2016 5:50 AM
admin: You mean state policies creating opportunity?
If so, wouldn't that be affirmative action?
If not, then how would opportunities be created?
Crow
By Crow | Aug 17 2016 11:30 AM
I am changing my diagnosis. Admin has the comprehension skills of a 3 year old.

I shouldn't have to explain things 20 times just for him to still not get it

Even a five year old would of derived some semblance of understanding, given half the time I explain things to admin like I would a 5 year old.
The ADB committee just changed its policy on 8/28/2016
No communication with admin. Ever.
Krazy
By Krazy | Aug 20 2016 2:15 AM
What's ironic is that feminism is completely unfeminine. Feminism says you have to act like a man, dress like man, work like a man, and look like a man, in order to be a real woman. It's completely backwards.
Crow
By Crow | Aug 20 2016 5:11 AM
Krazy: Your idea of being female, is adhering to classic and outdated gender stereotypes.

Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Aug 20 2016 5:28 AM
Krazy: What's ironic is that feminism is completely unfeminine. Feminism says you have to act like a man, dress like man, work like a man, and look like a man, in order to be a real woman.
Is there certain way men and women have to dress, act like, work like, and look like to belong to their genders?
Krazy
By Krazy | Aug 20 2016 4:33 PM
Crow: No, it's common sense.
Krazy
By Krazy | Aug 20 2016 4:34 PM
Bi0Hazard: Men should act like men, and women should act like women. It ain't complicated.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Aug 20 2016 4:38 PM
Krazy: There is no universal way they all act. Men and women are simply different genders, not specific stereotypes.
Crow
By Crow | Aug 20 2016 4:42 PM
Krazy: Explain how gender stereotypes come from a place of common sense?
admin
By admin | Aug 21 2016 12:36 AM
Bi0Hazard: Doesn't need to be race or gender based, to break down race or gender based obstacles. For example, I don't consider something like paid maternal leave to be affirmative action, since even though it is (currently) gender based, it's not discriminatory.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
lannan13
By lannan13 | Aug 21 2016 1:03 AM
Modern Feminism is a joke.

Do whatever you want.

They should have rights, they shouldn't force it upon others though.
What is immoral for a individual to do is immoral for a government to do."- Rand Paul
"What fun is there in making sense?"- Discord
Defeat the Washington Machine, and Unleash the American Dream!
"Th
Crow
By Crow | Aug 21 2016 2:48 AM
admin: Paid maternal leave already exists in at least moderately acceptable conditions for most feminists today.

What do you want for feminists of today? What are the political rights you are fighting for, because they are certainly fighting for some of their own.
admin
By admin | Aug 21 2016 2:56 AM
Crow: Me being a feminist includes my belief that it's great that they do. I'm just pointing out that being a feminist is not inconsistent with opposing affirmative action.
Let's revive the forums!
Crow
By Crow | Aug 21 2016 3:03 AM
admin: So what goals do you have for feminism? What changes are you working towards politically?
admin
By admin | Aug 21 2016 3:09 AM
Crow: Improving gender social equality, wherever inequality exists.
Let's revive the forums!
Crow
By Crow | Aug 21 2016 3:15 AM
admin: How, politically speaking?

What are the political goals of the feminist movement that you support?
admin
By admin | Aug 21 2016 3:18 AM
Crow: Those are the goals. A goal is not a method. Goals are ends, like feminism is an end. Being a feminist doesn't mean you support any particular policy.
Let's revive the forums!
Crow
By Crow | Aug 21 2016 3:28 AM
admin: So you do not support any political policies, and you feel that in many ways women have more social leverage than men?

You call feminism a goal, but have no idea how to get to that goal?

Yeah, I don't think you are a feminist. If an actual feminist were here, they wouldn't think so either with what you have said.
admin
By admin | Aug 21 2016 3:31 AM
Crow: I have my own ideas of how to get there. For example ending the stigmatization of the idea of feminism, like you dismissing my ideas as SJW or whatever. Hiding opposition to feminism behind ad homs is destructive to progressivism and needs to stop.
Let's revive the forums!
Page: 1234Most Recent