EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Is the GOP the party of the rich?

< Return to subforum
Page: 12Most Recent
admin
By admin | Apr 9 2016 6:27 PM
Bi0Hazard: That would be a very simple progressive tax system on income.

The issue is actually rarely connected to the precise percentages used. It's more about where you can hide that income. For example in many countries, trusts or capital gains are taxed differently. This tends to benefit the rich who can afford to invest in these things, and that's how most tax avoidance happens.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Apr 10 2016 12:55 AM
admin: I'm talking about the government...:/
In any case, I don't know how to make online donations.
admin
By admin | Apr 10 2016 12:57 AM
Dassault Papillon: Why apply a different standard to government?
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Apr 10 2016 5:13 AM
admin: My beef lies with the people who continue to complain about the rich despite the benefits, not necessarily that the benefits are enjoyed. You made this Site free and public; as such, you've given your consent for virtually anyone to use it. Given this, a problem would emerge if I started railing about edeb8's lack of a polls section or userbase and demanded that you change this.
admin
By admin | Apr 10 2016 10:34 AM
Dassault Papillon: If I thought taxes should be higher on the rich, would you say that's part of the entitlement culture that you oppose?
Let's revive the forums!
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Apr 10 2016 12:16 PM
admin: Provided that the existing rate is equal to or greater than the percentage of income paid by the poor then yes.
admin
By admin | Apr 10 2016 12:20 PM
Dassault Papillon: I don't see why that follows. This idea that everyone should contribute with respect for their means isn't entitlements in my view, it's simple fairness to ask of people what they can afford.
Let's revive the forums!
Page: 12Most Recent