< Return to subforum
Page: 12Most Recent
18Karl
By 18Karl | Apr 17 2014 7:43 PM
nzlockie:
"Oi you! Yeah you! How many commies have you shot today"
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Apr 17 2014 7:50 PM
18Karl: Nice, you're right, I hadn't heard of Naresuan, but I came across him while looking at other guys and he sure sounds pretty on to it!
18Karl
By 18Karl | Apr 17 2014 7:56 PM
nzlockie: ;)

Honorable mentions: Robert E. Lee (I didn't put him on because there's this horrible tank under his name called the M3 Lee), Hannibal (Rule with Fear and Respect; Machiavelli 101!), Rommel (I feel guilty for not putting him on), Genghis Khan (I ignored him because of his lack of human sense), Lord Horatio Nelson (If only he lived longer)
admin
By admin | Apr 17 2014 8:10 PM
18Karl: Inventing tank warfare is nothing compared to all the types of warfare Subutai invented. He undisputedly conquered more land than anybody else - more than all the people on your list combined by far. Contrary to popular belief the Mongol horde under Subutai was not in fact vast, Subutai just gave that impression because his armies were always in the right place at the right time. He would regularly co-ordinate armies tens of thousands of miles apart, using imaginative unique strategies to defeat armies of all the world's major military powers. If not for Subutai, the Mongol empire of Ghengis Khan would never have stretched beyond the borders of Mongolia and northern China. Compared to a tank gimmick to capture the city of Paris, Subutai did that kind of stuff every day. I'm pretty confident my list is not incomplete without Guiderian.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Apr 17 2014 8:13 PM
admin: Subutai is a pretty awesome addition. I'd definitely put him into the top tier.
I'd also rate Saladin as well. I'm going to do my Navy team next.
18Karl
By 18Karl | Apr 17 2014 8:16 PM
admin: Wait, wasn't that Genghis?

Nevertheless, it wasn't a normal gimmick. These people didn't have 300 years of war experience, and were not warring in nature; these people, only 9 years before, would have been homeless and wanting a loaf of bread for billions of reichmarks......wait nvm. Well....maybe you do have a point...........well, all Subutai did was overtake some barbarians up north, who would have been overtaken by Genghis anyways, and that colony was soon lost because it was to extent for the Mongolians to govern it.
18Karl
By 18Karl | Apr 17 2014 8:18 PM
18Karl: Wait, I also forgot someone in my list. Kc1999 :)
admin
By admin | Apr 17 2014 8:29 PM
18Karl: Nope, Ghengis never commanded an army outside of Mongolia and northern China. Subutai barely took on barbarians - this guy defeated the Persian empire, the largest empire of its day, in just one week with a small handful of soldiers, scarcely losing a single man. He defeated a combined army of all of Europe's strongest and most elite forces, the entire army of Hungary, and the main army of Poland, in two separate battles staged many thousands of miles apart on the same day, correctly predicting every move his enemies would make beforehand, despite inferior weapons and fewer soldiers. The Mongol empire to the west fragmented specifically because Subutai was recalled from military service after Ghengis' death.

Ghengis was not a good commander IMO, he was a great leader. In battle most of his tactics were in fact by his lieutenant Jebe the archer, which is why Mongols favored horse archery so much. Still Ghengis came much closer to losing everything than Subutai did. The Chinese often defeated him. Ghengis was too preoccupied with China to ever look significantly west.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Apr 17 2014 8:33 PM
nzlockie: I will agree Saladin is a top contender for me too.

For navies - Horatio Nelson, then Yi Sun-sin, and Andrew Cunningham taking third place for me.
Let's revive the forums!
18Karl
By 18Karl | Apr 17 2014 8:35 PM
admin: Admiral Togo? :(
admin
By admin | Apr 17 2014 8:39 PM
18Karl: He'd be a very strong contender too. I'm just not sure how the reincarnation of Nelson would get along with the real Nelson. Actually picking a third place is really hard.
Let's revive the forums!
18Karl
By 18Karl | Apr 17 2014 8:42 PM
admin: Admiral Nimitz? In my opinion, we shouldn't rank them. They were all good in their own way.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Apr 17 2014 8:57 PM
18Karl: We're men. Men rank stuff.
Its what we do. I bet they'd rank each other given half the chance...
Tophatdoc
By Tophatdoc | Apr 18 2014 3:22 AM
18Karl: Heinz Guideran? You don't hear that often. Wise decision.
"Don't respond to my posts. Don't read my debates. Don't read my messages. Thanks for reading this message. " A Quote from Tophatdoc
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Apr 18 2014 12:29 PM
Pinkie
By Pinkie | May 9 2014 7:39 AM
nzlockie:
Please excuse me as I'm not super creative when it comes to forum signatures.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | May 9 2014 10:21 AM
Pinkie: Japanese is actually really easy to pronounce. Mostly you break it into pairs of letters, but the last letter is always a vowel. So if your pair ends in a consonant, then you make it a triple.

To as in go
Go as in go

He as in hay
Iha as in yeehah
Chi as in me
Ro as in row.

Theres some stuff about emphasis as well but I don't know how to write that out...
Pinkie
By Pinkie | May 9 2014 7:01 PM
nzlockie: So his name is Gogo Heyyeehawmerow? That's snazzy.
Please excuse me as I'm not super creative when it comes to forum signatures.
Page: 12Most Recent