< Return to subforum
Page: 123456Most Recent
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Oct 12 2015 12:48 PM
admin: I don't speak in slogans.
But you are

I speak my mind.
My bad

Up until now I considered you were a mindless political plaything who believes nearly everything you are fed by the liberal media.

and doing so does not invalidate my arguments in any way
And how is what you are doing an argument? It isn't even on topic.

I hear similar "arguments" from political television hounds trying to rack up viewers.
admin
By admin | Oct 12 2015 1:08 PM
Blackflag: You can consider my speech what you want. I alone can say what my speech is. If you think this is some slogan fest, well, those are your thoughts. But that doesn't mean I am speaking in slogans. What I am speaking is depends not on the content of my words, but my intention. Likewise I could say that I think you are speaking in riddles, but that doesn't mean you are... perhaps I simply do not understand you. A similar sort of thing is probably happening here. Language is fluid like that.

What I'm doing is stating points. It might not be a particularly well justified form of argument, but it is an argument nonetheless. Occasionally, I have backed up these points with logic and evidence when I felt it was required. Initially I tried talking about the shooting, but everyone else on this thread started wailing about gun control, so I shamelessly rode the wave.

As for your experience with political television hounds, good for them. They can say what they want, I say what I want. I've barely watched much political television in years anyway. What they say and believe may be true, or may be false. Their intention in finding viewers has no bearing on the veracity of their points. Just ask Trump.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
ColeTrain
By ColeTrain | Nov 6 2015 12:40 PM
Analyzing county-level data for the entire United States from 1977 to
2000, we find annual reductions in murder rates between 1.5% and 2.3% for
each additional year that a right-to-carry law is in effect. For the first five years
that such a law is in effect, the total benefit from reduced crimes usually ranges
between about $2 and $3 billion per year. The results are very similar to earlier
estimates using county-level data from 1977 to 1996.

Conclusion (p. 1365) - http://facweb.knowlton.ohio-state.edu/pviton/courses/crp8703/plassman_whitley.pdf
"Man is not free unless government is limited" -- Ronald Reagan
Topics: http://tinyurl.com/oh9tm6u
Page: 123456Most Recent