EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Moral Question

< Return to subforum
RXR.
By RXR. | Jul 26 2015 8:27 AM
Which career is more morally wrong according to society standards, Being a drug dealer or being a prostitute ?
R.I.P RXR
2015-2015
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Jul 26 2015 9:08 AM
RXR.: Drug dealer. In today's America, a prostitute would appear on the HuffPo on a regular basis and be considered a heroic human rights activist.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jul 26 2015 12:16 PM
Dassault Papillon: Why though?
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Jul 26 2015 1:00 PM
Blackflag: Because prostitution is seen as "sexual liberation" and in defiance of those evil Evangelical values. Caitlyn Jenner (or however you spell his new name) is all the evidence you need to see my point.
I can imagine the title of a HuffPo article coming up soon:
"I am a prostitute, and there's nothing wrong with that."
Of course, prostitution *usually* oppresses women (and not the other way around), but people don't see it that way for various Liberal reasons. They may even argue that as long as the prostitute practices "safe" sex then it's not bad for her health.

Meanwhile even the most liberal Liberal wouldn't disagree that meth, heroin, cocaine, and the likes destroy one's health and quality of life.
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Jul 26 2015 1:10 PM
Today's culture is insane...
Any form of racism is a vile evil that must be uncovered wherever it hides and destroyed, but all forms of consenting sex (the definition of which means whatever the crap most people want it to mean) are fine?
admin
By admin | Jul 26 2015 4:40 PM
Dassault Papillon: I'm a fairly liberal liberal. I strongly oppose drugs and am in favor of regulated, legalized prostitution. So I can confirm your point I guess haha.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jul 26 2015 6:31 PM
Meanwhile even the most liberal Liberal wouldn't disagree that meth, heroin, cocaine, and the likes destroy one's health and quality of life.
I don't know, I think 90% of the people who are propagating drug control don't know many of the facts.

Like for example, most people don't know that raw cocaine is non-addictive, and that you can't OD on natural drugs.

I guess you could see a drug dealer as immoral for selling heroin, but I personally do not. If anything he is offering personal choice.

"I am a prostitute, and there's nothing wrong with that."
Yes, your disdain for the huffington post is noted, but I have actually heard a lot of prostitutes say these same exact words. I really don't get why people feel they can judge people who engage in an alternative lifestyle. If anything we have been brainwashed since birth to apply negative stigma to prostitution.

The majority of prostitutes are your common trailer trash or inner city junkies, I know this for a fact, but there are a select number that are really nice people who do it because they get some kind of genuine enjoyment out of it. There was this one Mom from Detroit who didn't fit the prostitute stereotype at all. A very nice woman, and one who didn't fit the common prostitute stereotype. She claimed that she continued the practice with long term clients because she enjoyed making them happy more than she wanted the actual money, and she enjoyed the sex, lol.

Of course, prostitution *usually* oppresses women (and not the other way around)
Sure, with pimps and stuff.

I am actually very skeptical that legalizing regulated prostitution will solve any of the intristic problems we currently have with prostitution today.

They may even argue that as long as the prostitute practices "safe" sex then it's not bad for her health.
This though is bullshit. Sex has never contributed positively to mental wellbeing, it always takes and takes.

Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jul 26 2015 6:33 PM
Any form of racism is a vile evil that must be uncovered wherever it hides and destroyed, but all forms of consenting sex (the definition of which means whatever the crap most people want it to mean) are fine?
Do you think certain forms of consensual sex should be outlawed?
admin
By admin | Jul 26 2015 9:18 PM
Blackflag: Drug control is another thing we should argue one day.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jul 26 2015 11:29 PM
admin: We already did. The amount of contradictory claims was low, but we still didn't get anywhere.
admin
By admin | Jul 26 2015 11:41 PM
Blackflag: My memory is bad lol. Did it end in a Stag forfeit?
Let's revive the forums!