EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

US Military Compared with Other Nations

< Return to subforum
Page: 12Most Recent
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 26 2015 5:54 PM
admin: Well fill in some blanks. All your allies are gone and you can't possibly stand alone. Give me something that can legitimize your claims, which right now, I think are inane. Resolve this dispute with "Cooperation and diplomacy." Feel free to make up variables as you see fit.
admin
By admin | Jun 26 2015 5:56 PM
Blackflag: Well hypothetically then, the cost of going to war is greater than the benefit. Poland has nothing, the NAZIs already control the world, having them invade us again is a waste of time and resources that serves no benefit.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 26 2015 6:01 PM
admin: I fixed it to Switzerland. Poland is already under Hitlers foot. Now you're Switzerland, a country that stood idly by throughout the war holes up in the mountains. Now Hitler is planning to invade your country in 1946. Do something about it? Do anything, I don't really care, but I am curious of how you are going to get out of that with diplomacy.
admin
By admin | Jun 26 2015 6:03 PM
Blackflag: Sure. Again, the cost of invading is a few hours of your time. The benefit is zero. You can't beat a benefit of zero.

Every war ever fought has been because somebody was trying to gain something they didn't already have. What's to be gained from conquering Switzerland? It's the exact same scenario.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 26 2015 6:31 PM
admin: Are you serious? Here is what there is to be gained by invading Switzerland. Money, Power, Fame, Glory, Land, Resources. And all for what, a few hours of Hitlers time? Yeah, I am going to quote napoleon again. Invading a rich nation is never bad for a warmongering ppl. There is nothing Switzerland can do but fight, am I wrong? Maybe Switzerland wouldn't be in this predicament either, dependent on Switzerland helping the allies during the WW2, but then again, that is kind of my point to begin with.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 26 2015 6:32 PM
And btw, Hitler WAS planning to invade Switzerland, so there obviously was some benefit. Although anyone would tell you the same thing, the people you hang out with excluded.
admin
By admin | Jun 26 2015 6:32 PM
Blackflag: Give Hitler your stuff. Simple as that.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Jun 26 2015 6:33 PM
Blackflag: Sure, but war changes things.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 26 2015 6:46 PM
admin: And what is left for your ppl?
admin
By admin | Jun 26 2015 7:22 PM
Blackflag: That's just the thing.

If Hitler has everything he needs, then he has no incentive to take our stuff and wouldn't.

Therefore the problem isn't really war. It's scarcity. Or in other words, the whole issue is economic. If you solve scarcity by not investing so much into troops and weapons like Hitler did, you solve the war.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 26 2015 9:05 PM
admin: If Hitler has everything he needs, then he has no incentive to take our stuff and wouldn't.
Sure, Hitler has everything he needs, why would he want to take more? He has killed most of the Jews, why waste a week of his precious time finishing off the rest?
Page: 12Most Recent