EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

74 cent wage gap bullcrap

< Return to subforum
Page: 123Most Recent
Blackflag
By Blackflag | May 22 2015 9:35 PM
admin: Nope, this is where it becomes clear you are pulling this stuff out of your ass. Scientists recognize 5 races, with a sixth that is generally accepted.
- Caucasoid
- Negroid
- Mongoloid
- Austroloid
- Dravida
- Semetic (Jewish)
Blackflag
By Blackflag | May 22 2015 9:35 PM
Blackflag: ^ Six races, what do they share besides skin color? You tell me...
admin
By admin | May 22 2015 9:37 PM
Blackflag: Challenge sent
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | May 22 2015 9:41 PM
Define Social Group: A social group is a collection of people who interact with each other and share similar characteristics and a sense of unity. A social category is a collection of people who do not interact but who share similar characteristics.

The term race refers to groups of people who have differences and similarities in biological traits deemed by society to be socially significant, meaning that people treat other people differently because of them. For instance, while differences and similarities in eye color have not been treated as socially significant, differences and similarities in skin color have.

Although some scholars have attempted to establish dozens of racial groupings for the peoples of the world, others have suggested four or five. An example of a racial category is Asian (or Mongoloid), with its associated facial, hair color, and body type features. Yet too many exceptions to this sort of racial grouping have been found to make any racial categorizations truly viable. This fact has led many sociologists to indicate that no clear‐cut races exist—only assorted physical and genetic variations across human individuals and groups.

Certainly, obvious physical differences—some of which are inherited—exist between humans. But how these variations form the basis for social prejudice and discrimination has nothing to do with genetics but rather with a social phenomenon related to outward appearances. Racism, then, is prejudice based on socially significant physical features. A racist believes that certain people are superior, or inferior, to others in light of racial differences. Racists approve of segregation, or the social and physical separation of classes of people.

Ethnicity refers to shared cultural practices, perspectives, and distinctions that set apart one group of people from another. That is, ethnicity is a shared cultural heritage. The most common characteristics distinguishing various ethnic groups are ancestry, a sense of history, language, religion, and forms of dress. Ethnic differences are not inherited; they are learned.

Most countries today consist of different ethnic groups. Ideally, countries strive for pluralism, where people of all ethnicities and races remain distinct but have social equality. As an example, the United States is exceptionally diverse, with people representing groups from all over the globe, but lacking in true pluralism. The same can be said of the ethic diversity of the former Soviet Union with its more than 100 ethnic groups, some having more than a million members.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | May 22 2015 9:44 PM
So here are my rebuttals to this stupidity summarized.

1. Races are categorized exclusively by outward appearance
2. Humans are assorted genetically, meaning that not everyone of a certain race has the same genetics
3. What?! Race has nothing to do with genetics at all!
4. According to this article, racists advocate that a certain race is genetically superior at something. In this case, 100m track and field. Doesn't that make you a racist?
Blackflag
By Blackflag | May 22 2015 9:45 PM
admin: Sure, I'll accept it when we are done debating here
admin
By admin | May 22 2015 9:45 PM
Blackflag: Note the trend towards black atheletes as racial discrimination ended:

Thomas Burke - non-black
Frank Jarvis - non-black
Archie Hahn - non-black
Reggie Walker - non-black
Ralph Craig - non-black
Charley Paddock - non-black
Harold Abrahams - non-black
Percy Williams - non-black
Eddie Tolan - black
Jesse Owens - black
Harrison Dillard - black
Lindy Remigino - non-black
Bobby Morrow - non-black
Armin Hary - non-black
Bob Hayes - black
Jim Hines - black
Valeriy Borzov - non-black
Hasely Crawford - black
Allan Wells - non-black
Carl Lewis - black
Carl Lewis - black
Linford Christie - black
Donovan Bailey - black
Maurice Greene - black
Justin Gatlin - black
Usain Bolt - black
Usain Bolt - black

non-black: 13
black: 14

Black people have more gold medals than all other races combined in this event.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | May 22 2015 9:46 PM
Blackflag: I'm done debating here. Go accept the challenge and get off the forums ;)
Thumbs up from:
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | May 23 2015 2:10 AM
admin: Wow, a near 50% split between white and black people. What a convincing argument for the genetic superiority of black people at running 100m's.
admin
By admin | May 23 2015 2:13 AM
Blackflag: Except during the first 6 or so of those competitions, black people were basically barred from competing. All the finals races were white-only, and it wasn't because white people were magically faster back then.

Now accept my debate and get off the forums, Mr "The Forums Are Dominating This Site".
Thumbs up from:
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | May 23 2015 6:31 AM
admin: Fine. I am actually a bit hesitant about accepting and having me end up forfeiting, so give me another two days or so and we'll plan on debating this then.
Page: 123Most Recent