EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Women Police Officers are a joke

< Return to subforum
RXR.
By RXR. | May 16 2015 10:48 AM
not to sound sexist, but they are. A few weeks ago i was watching a show called cops and i have learned that women police offericers are jokes. They are mentally and physically cant take down a man twice their weight and size. Unless they have a tazer. In one episode, a male police officer had to take down a suspect but struggled to do so.and the woman police officer just screamed at the top of her lungs at the suspect lol. Im not saying women should not be police officers im just saying its not their role to be one. If i was ever a cop and i had the choice to be partnered up to a man or a woman, well you know the answer.
R.I.P RXR
2015-2015
nzlockie
By nzlockie | May 16 2015 10:57 AM
RXR.: Oh I would LOVE to debate this with you.

I would strongly disagree with almost every sentiment you've expressed here and would happily argue a view even more extreme than the one I actually hold.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | May 16 2015 12:35 PM
nzlockie: RXR's opinions are not actually that extreme. A lot of countries have a pre-cognitive bias when hiring for law enforcement duties to only hire men and not women. Women are by nature at a physical disadvantage to men, and the way women are treated in society makes police duty seem like an unattractive career for a woman.

In the military there is an even hotter debate on whether women should be allowed into front line combat roles. Usually there is a huge base of men in the military, and generals are making the argument that training elite soldiers among men is easier and yields more potential than training elite soldiers among women, who are at a physical disadvantage and are required to put in a lot more effort to reach the same level of capability on the battlefield. Many liberals want to treat this as a liberty and discrimination issue, but when you are in a warzone situation where your fate is reliant on the person fighting beside you, ask how many soldiers would want a female at their side over a man?

Having women serving in non-auxilary combat operations among men also produces lots of emotional conflict. Being the one woman in a fireteam of men is assured to cause at least one conflict over the course of that woman's service. It relates the same to law enforcement. In police stations found in areas of high gang activity and crime, every decision the police make needs to be one of extreme strategic precaution, where even the smallest qwerks of training could result in the life or death of your brother in arms or a non-combatant.