EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

LGBT question

< Return to subforum
Page: 12Most Recent
RXR.
By RXR. | May 12 2015 8:10 AM
Why do the LGBT members scream on the top of their lungs about gay marriage etc. But NEVER support incest, polygamy, or beastiality marriage ? I thought everyone is suppose to get ''equal'' marriage. Hypocrites. i guess they do not want to come out of the closet about that yet.

(And yes i'm a homophobe)
R.I.P RXR
2015-2015
The Redneck
By The Redneck | May 12 2015 9:42 AM
RXR.: I am not a homophobe, but I assume they support the other things as well. I've literally seen a liberal lawmaker try to legalize beastiality
Blackflag
By Blackflag | May 12 2015 10:05 AM
I am not this but I believe in exactly what you would expect that to believe in...
There used to be a member here who was a supporter, and a participant in bestiality.
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | May 12 2015 3:42 PM
Blackflag: Who the heck was that person?
Blackflag
By Blackflag | May 12 2015 5:34 PM
Dassault Papillon: a dream of liberty
Blackflag
By Blackflag | May 13 2015 6:12 AM
But NEVER support incest, polygamy, or beastiality marriage ?
BTW, I actually support polygamy and consensual incest among adults. I do not support bestiality though, but I could be convinced.
RXR.
By RXR. | May 18 2015 2:59 AM
Blackflag: Beastiality should be legal as long as you own the animals. It's is his/her property to do what ever he wants with it. (except if it harms other people)
R.I.P RXR
2015-2015
Blackflag
By Blackflag | May 18 2015 7:53 AM
RXR.: You know, advocates for slavery made very similar arguments.
Thumbs up from:
nzlockie
By nzlockie | May 18 2015 8:01 AM
RXR.: So youd be OK with me beating my dog then?
Or starving my horse?
Dismembering chickens while they're still alive because it's more efficient than killing them first?

See where I'm going with this?
Blackflag
By Blackflag | May 18 2015 8:10 AM
nzlockie: Dismembering chickens while they're still alive because it's more efficient than killing them first?
Because the act of dismemberment doesn't kill the chicken? Roosters being the exception. They can live for days without a head.
RXR.
By RXR. | May 18 2015 8:19 AM
nzlockie: Yup. Because it isn't human.
R.I.P RXR
2015-2015
nzlockie
By nzlockie | May 18 2015 9:39 AM
Blackflag: Oh, it'll kill it eventually!

Don't get me wrong, I'm from an agricultural country, I have no illusions over where my food comes from.
I just don't reconcile the fact that, simply because we have opposable thumbs and they don't, we can treat them in an inhumane way.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | May 18 2015 9:41 AM
RXR.: Wow. That's a pretty sad view.

Suddenly we don't really have much in common anymore.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | May 18 2015 9:56 AM
nzlockie: A sad view which a lot of people believe. You will be surprised on some of the double standards people have when it comes to who or what has the right to live.
RXR.
By RXR. | May 18 2015 11:43 AM
nzlockie: I hope your a vegan, because you are no different to me if you eat meat.
R.I.P RXR
2015-2015
nzlockie
By nzlockie | May 18 2015 12:20 PM
RXR.: Bro, I live in a country that produces the best red meat anywhere in the world. Of course I'm not vegan.

Like I said earlier, I'm not squeemish about slaughtering animals. It doesn't mean that I automatically support people abusing animals.
If you can't see anything wrong with a person torturing animals for personal enjoyment, then yes, we are very different.

Honestly, I doubt you actually believe this. I think you're just a kid behind a screen who is saying stuff that's a little out there in order to get a reaction.
I feel sorry for you that you feel like expressing these things won't actually impact you. By the time you realise how desensitized you've become to this kind of thing, you're going to feel bad at how far you were prepared to take it in the name of entertainment.
Thumbs up from:
Blackflag
By Blackflag | May 18 2015 1:25 PM
nzlockie: Honestly, I doubt you actually believe this. I think you're just a kid behind a screen who is saying stuff that's a little out there in order to get a reaction.
I feel sorry for you that you feel like expressing these things won't actually impact you. By the time you realise how desensitized you've become to this kind of thing, you're going to feel bad at how far you were prepared to take it in the name of entertainment.

I don't mean to nag you, but sometimes it is best to keep those thoughts to yourself. I can imagine you have your reasons for thinking as you do, but nothing productive comes out of demeaning RXR's opinions as childish. This is a debate site. The best way to prove RXR's opinions as childish is to debate him, and let the debates speak for themselves. Go and do that instead.

I am not trying to be a nuisance here, but I wouldn't enjoy having anyone feeling rejected to the point where they want to leave.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | May 18 2015 1:48 PM
Like I said earlier, I'm not squeemish about slaughtering animals. It doesn't mean that I automatically support people abusing animals.
If you can't see anything wrong with a person torturing animals for personal enjoyment, then yes, we are very different.

Quick question. Don't we kill and eat animals mostly for personal enjoyment? I mean, if you weigh out how much protein westerners have in their diets with how much we as humans really need, it becomes pretty apparent that we are killing cattle for reasons beyond nutritional value.

I agree with RXR that there is a commonly "accepted" double standard here. Like for example, it would be okay for me to eat a two year old mature chicken, but absolutely appalling by societies standards if I were to eat a 9 week fetus with little development. I never got why? It has something to do with our species natural instinct to protect our own kind.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | May 18 2015 1:54 PM
Perhaps it is because I do not accept the pre-determined notion that killing can be humane. Perhaps some killings can be more humane than other killings, but I cannot wrap my head around the idea that certain killings are not considered inhumane.

I accept that we must resort to questionable acts for our own survival and advancement, but I do not always accept that those acts come with a strong moral justification.
sea_shell
By sea_shell | May 19 2015 5:44 PM
Ahh, so when someone tells someone else to leave the site and they don't want that kind of person here anyway it's fine, but if someone else calls someone out on an immature and short sighted view, they need to keep their thoughts to themselves. Talk about a double standard.
Animals for food are kept in appalling standards in many countries. but you can't compare cattle bred for consumption in the USA (for example) to cattle in NZ any more than you can compare apple to oranges. They are both fruit but are completely different fruit. There is a huge difference to providing a nice life for animals, out in the open and eating grass or grains, to livestock that are not allowed to move so their meat stays tender and drinking nothing but milk and that awful corn crap,never seeing the light of day. It's like buying free range eggs rather than caged hens. If people can't see the distinction then that's on them and yes, they have a very immature view. is charitable to assume that person is talking to get a comment, otherwise they are just People with underdeveloped views, compared to others.
Thumbs up from:
I'm not sure if I trust anyone who doesn't have their face as their profile.
Page: 12Most Recent