EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Gym class is worthless.

< Return to subforum
RXR.
By RXR. | May 8 2015 2:45 AM
Ok let's talk about why gym class should be removed from school.

1. School is a place to learn, not to hit a ball with a wooden stick and prodecing to catch it
2. It wastes academic time.
3. We are all going to be over-weight anyways.
4 The weak kids will be picked last and will be bullied for not being genetically gifted for sports. Survival of the fittest i guess

School should remove gym class and replace it with home-work class so kids will be able to have less stress in their tiime

anyways, dats all, Class dismissed

R.I.P RXR
2015-2015
Hello
By Hello | May 8 2015 5:07 AM
Yo.
1) School may also be responsible for other things, like letting children learn how to function and form relationships in several different environments. But even if school was only a place to learn, gym class is correlated with increased academic performance. ( http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/parenting/daily-gym-class-improves-kids-grades/article626950/ )
2) It doesn't waste academic time if it's associated with an increases in academic performance.
3) Big is Beautiful ;)
4) The same could be said for the classroom, where kids with learning disorders may be bullied for not being genetically gifted for academia.
admin
By admin | May 8 2015 5:55 PM
RXR.: As an underweight person my whole life long, I can assure you that point #3 is false.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!