EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

The earth is at the center of the universe

< Return to subforum
Page: 12Most Recent
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Feb 24 2017 7:59 PM
I am from the middle ages and am convinced by what was believed in the past, the earth is flat and is at the center of the universe.

What do you got to say?
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Feb 24 2017 8:03 PM
Bi0Hazard: The sun, moon, planets, and stars all move above the earth.
admin
By admin | Feb 27 2017 7:58 PM
Bi0Hazard: Art thou common serf? Thy intellect's a-trifling.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Feb 27 2017 7:59 PM
Bi0Hazard: Lol but seriously I'd probably say "That's cool. By the way did you know that in the future Bibles are available in almost every language and that people are allowed to question things?" That would probably rock their worlds.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Feb 28 2017 7:04 AM
admin: "That's cool. By the way did you know that in the future Bibles are available in almost every language and that people are allowed to question things?"
WHAT!? That is an abomination to the church and our Latin bible. Infidels!
I hope they are not questioning the truth of the earth being at the center of all the universe.
Krazy
By Krazy | Feb 28 2017 1:08 PM
The earth being in the center of the universe? It might be, it might not be. You don't know what the center of the universe is. I wouldn't be surprised if it was.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Feb 28 2017 2:42 PM
Krazy: And the universe revolves around the earth, including the sun (which obviously revolves around earth).
admin
By admin | Feb 28 2017 2:45 PM
Bi0Hazard: In those times they got even more specific, because Jerusalem was at the center of the earth. Some even said Jesus was crucified in the middle of the universe. No reason why, God just liked the spot apparently.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Feb 28 2017 2:47 PM
Bi0Hazard: The actual physics answer here is that the universe has no center. It has a size (which is unknown and, according to current theories about relativity, impossible to ever work out) but not necessarily a boundary.
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Feb 28 2017 2:53 PM
admin: and the universe revolves around it.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Mar 1 2017 4:24 PM
admin: and the earth began to exist in 4004 B.C., that is just a fact.
Krazy
By Krazy | Mar 4 2017 2:33 AM
Bi0Hazard: and the earth began to exist in 4004 B.C., that is just a fact.
That's the mentality I see a lot of evolutionists have. "Evolution is a fact. It's a fact, deal with it." Without any evidence to back it up.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Mar 4 2017 6:06 AM
Krazy: Do you believe the earth revolves around the sun or the sun revolves around the earth?
Krazy
By Krazy | Mar 4 2017 6:39 AM
Bi0Hazard: Heliocentric. Why?
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Mar 4 2017 12:35 PM
Krazy: Many today still believe that the sun revolves around the earth.
admin
By admin | Mar 4 2017 3:13 PM
Bi0Hazard: By many, do you mean three people?
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Mar 4 2017 3:41 PM
admin: A very highly qualifed science source proves it:
http://www.genesis-creation-proof.com/geocentricity.html

http://time.com/7809/1-in-4-americans-thinks-sun-orbits-earth/
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Mar 4 2017 3:43 PM
Krazy: What would you tell these people?
True science and the Bible teach an earth-centered solar system - and universe. Since many people in this "modern" age do not accept the Bible as authoritative, we will look at just a few of the many proofs from science. -Not make-believe "science", but physics and math. (You can look at the "Genesis" pages on this site for more of what the Bible says. The Bible is not a "science" textbook, but it is the word of God, so we want your faith to be strengthened by seeing that it does not deny reality but, rather, confirms truth. And geocentricity is a truth.)
- http://www.genesis-creation-proof.com/geocentricity.html
Krazy
By Krazy | Mar 5 2017 5:27 AM
Bi0Hazard: Verse please. Scripture please.

But I don't know why you think geocentrism is equivalent to the earth being about 6000 years old. To believe in millions of years is ridiculous.

and the earth began to exist in 4004 B.C., that is just a fact
It's actually about 4234 B.C. The earth is 6251 years old, plus or minus 25 years for marginal error. That's what the Bible actually says.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Mar 5 2017 3:27 PM
Krazy: But I don't know why you think geocentrism is equivalent to the earth being about 6000 years old. To believe in millions of years is ridiculous.
If I would have told people about heliocentrism back in the middle ages, they would have thought about it the same way you think of a 4.5 billion year old earth today. So, there is hardly a difference.
It's actually about 4234 B.C. The earth is 6251 years old, plus or minus 25 years for marginal error. That's what the Bible actually says.
There are more than 30 calculated dates of the earth according to the bible, so what makes you think that one is correct out of all the rest?

Source: https://answersingenesis.org/age-of-the-earth/how-old-is-the-earth/
Page: 12Most Recent