EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

top ten controversial bible verses

< Return to subforum
Page: 12Most Recent
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Apr 22 2014 12:26 AM
admin: What he said... Although the immediate argument part is not a requirement, these aren't for me, they're for my study group.
olive 2
By olive 2 | Apr 25 2014 7:08 PM
The Old Path
olive 2
By olive 2 | Apr 26 2014 4:57 PM
My no.4
Deuteronomy 8:4 KJV
"Thy raiment waxed not old upon thee, neither did thy foot swell , these forty years."

The issue is how it happen that their "Raiment Getting not old"? And their foot Swell not for forty days?

It seems impossible because the bible says.

Hebrews 1:11 KJV
They shall perish ; but thou remainest ; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;

Therefore the things that are seen are experiencing the process of Oxidation.

Definition: Oxidation is the loss of electrons during a reaction by a molecule, atom or ion.
Oxidation occurs when the oxidation state of a molecule, atom or ion is increased.
An older meaning of oxidation was when oxygen was added to a compound. Example: Iron combines with oxygen to form iron oxide or rust. The iron is said to have oxidized into rust. ( http://chemistry.about.com/od/chemistryglossary/g/Oxidation-Definition.htm )

The Old Path
admin
By admin | Apr 26 2014 5:22 PM
olive 2: I need to go back to that "Bible is not outdated" thread. Was a fun discussion, though I've also been really busy this past month.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
olive 2
By olive 2 | Apr 26 2014 7:07 PM
Great :)
The Old Path
olive 2
By olive 2 | May 4 2014 7:38 PM
my no. 5

Luke 22:69 NKJV
Hereafter the Son of Man will sit on the right hand of the power of God."
1 Corinthians 15:50 NKJV
Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption.

How come a Man ( flesh ) can Inherit the kingdom of God? seems like contradict?

This is an additional to Admin #6 Just a Question.

If we believe that God could Kill are we also opt to believe that he can give LIFE as well? This is the Verse
Deuteronomy 32:39
'Now see that I, even I, am He, And there is no God besides Me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; Nor is there any who can deliver from My hand.

Are all the killings in the World could be blame unto God or let might us consider this verse?
John 8:44
You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.
The Old Path
olive 2
By olive 2 | May 4 2014 7:48 PM
For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

Matthew 23:9 NKJV
Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven.

This is my #6: pertaining to Christ
The Old Path
olive 2
By olive 2 | May 4 2014 8:12 PM
my # 7 is a Topic

If Adam did not sin, does he still experience Death? Is there Death in Eden?
Hebrew 9:27
"And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment"
When this is Started?
And why Lazarus didn't Die once along all the others that resurrected when Christ Die in the Cross?

John 11:43
Now when He had said these things, He cried with a loud voice, "Lazarus, come forth!"
Matthew 27:52-53
and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; and coming out of the graves after His resurrection, they went into the holy city and appeared to many.

Are all this resurrected Saints accomplished judgement already?
Are they all come from Heaven, because they are Saints?
The Old Path
Pinkie
By Pinkie | May 9 2014 7:34 AM
Some of these might have been brought up but these are a few of the verses my peers have problems with.

1 Timothy 2:12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.

1 Samuel 15:3 Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction[a] all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.

Psalm 137:9 Blessed shall he be who takes your little ones and dashes them against the rock!

Romans 1:27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Ephesians 5:22 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord.

1 Peter 2:18 Servants, be subject to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the unjust.

Jeremiah 19:9 And I will make them eat the flesh of their sons and their daughters, and everyone shall eat the flesh of his neighbor in the siege and in the distress, with which their enemies and those who seek their life afflict them.

Please excuse me as I'm not super creative when it comes to forum signatures.
olive 2
By olive 2 | Jun 1 2014 7:23 PM
This is just an additional to think about #6 admin honorable mention.

What kind of War is this that God permitted to happen, see and think of this verse? Genesis 3:15
"And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel."
Is there Peace between Satan allied with Gods allied, according to this verse? 2 Corinthian 6: 14- 15
"Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial ? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?
I s Christ is right when he say this? Matthew 10: 34-37
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn " 'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law-- a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.' "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;

Now the question is, Is there Peace between Good and Evil? or there are a big Battle going on from past up to present?
The Old Path
olive 2
By olive 2 | Jun 1 2014 7:29 PM
This is just a Question from admin #5
When you think of this verse 1 Timothy 2:12, and ill ask you this Question with regards to Authority.

" Who you want to rule in your family if you are the father with great integrity, A Man or a Woman?"
The Old Path
olive 2
By olive 2 | Jun 1 2014 7:34 PM
Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me. Psalms 51:5 Think of this Verse. And think of Original Sin?
I will ask what is the Original Sin of First Human did? Is it that they Eat the forbidden fruit? Is this Original Sin passes to all humans? Are all they also Eat the forbidden Fruit?
The Old Path
olive 2
By olive 2 | Jun 1 2014 7:45 PM
This is for admin #3, a stir up additional.

Who is keep coming back in fourth time in the form of Elijah?
Where in heaven he's going when carried by the Whirlwind?
Where is Elijah now?
What heaven did Christ pertaining to in John 3:13?

If you want to see the answer of the Bible go to.......................... FORUM> Religion and Philosophy> The Bible is not Outdated

The Old Path
Page: 12Most Recent