EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Ask a Catholic

< Return to subforum
dsjpk5
By dsjpk5 | Oct 18 2017 2:32 AM
This is a thread I started on DDO and found it to be rather fun and interesting. Basically, if you've ever had a question about the Catholic Church, let me take a crack at it. If I don't immediately know the answer, I know where I can find it!
Bolshevik-
By Bolshevik- | Oct 20 2017 5:55 PM
dsjpk5: GOD SAVE THE CZAR??
Victory: http://www.edeb8.com/forum/Games/828
dsjpk5
By dsjpk5 | Nov 22 2017 5:26 PM
Bolshevik-: He could.
Bolshevik-
By Bolshevik- | Nov 22 2017 5:50 PM
dsjpk5: Knew you were a troll.
Victory: http://www.edeb8.com/forum/Games/828
Paul V.
By Paul V. | Feb 25 2018 3:37 PM
Is the Catholic Church the church which Christ built?
Logo2040
By Logo2040 | Mar 30 2018 1:56 AM
Paul V.: As a Catholic myself i can answer that as a yes. Though it has gone through reform over the years the ministry that Jesus left and the apostles established would be the primitive Catholic church
Penrose stairs
By Penrose stairs | Jun 6 2018 10:30 PM
Do you believe in every detail of the Bible?
dsjpk5
By dsjpk5 | Jun 24 2018 8:02 AM
Paul V.: Yes
dsjpk5
By dsjpk5 | Jun 24 2018 8:03 AM
Penrose stairs: Please elaborate.
WCS7
By WCS7 | Jun 30 2018 10:39 AM
Just wondering, I have read the Bible over at least twice and saw no mention of purgatory, could you please elaborate where you find it
dsjpk5
By dsjpk5 | Aug 5 2018 9:38 AM
dsjpk5: I should be asking you that question
dsjpk5
By dsjpk5 | Aug 5 2018 9:46 AM
WCS7: New Testament
In Matthew 5:26 and Luke 12:59 Christ is condemning sin and speaks of liberation only after expiation. “Amen, I say to you, you will not be released until you have paid the last penny.” Now we know that no last penny needs to be paid in Heaven and from Hell there is no liberation at all; hence the reference must apply to a third place.

Matthew 12:32 says, “And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven; but whoever speaks against the holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.” Here Jesus speaks of sin against the Holy Spirit. The implication is that some sins can be forgiven in the world to come. We know that in Hell there is no liberation and in Heaven nothing imperfect can enter it as we see in the next part. Sin is not forgiven when a soul reaches its final destination because in heaven there is no need for forgiveness of sin and in hell the choice to go there is already made.

Revelation 21:27: “…but nothing unclean will enter it, nor anyone who does abominable things or tells lies.” The place that is to be entered (the place to which this passage refers) is heaven (read the text around it for context)